Honored Contributor

Adopted a beautiful Cavalier

As many of you know, my two beloved Cavaliers passed in October and January.  In February, I got a new puppy. 

We wanted to get two, but prefer females and the breeder only had males left.  Back in March, I contacted another breeder who had a new litter coming.  Her price was more than I was willing to pay, but I thanked her for her time and for responsibility breeding these puppies.

Two weeks later she sent me e-mail saying she knew somone who wanted to find a new home for their two year old Cavalier and wanted to know if I was interested.

Anyhow, to make a long story short, we finally got the new dog last night.  She is really cute and lovable.  She acts like she has always lived here with us...no adjustment period needed. 

This morning, I gave her a bath, groomed and trimmed her and cut her nails.  The poor dog is so painfully thin.  I had tears running down my cheeks when I felt her bones while bathing her. She has certainally been neglected. She was pretty dirty too.

Right now my DH and I are so happy.  We can't believe our wonderful luck in getting this new dog.

Our home is now full again.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Adopted a beautiful Cavalier

Take care at you dog, what's its name?

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Honored Contributor

@Carmie -

She sounds so wonderful and so do you and your love for herSmiley Happy

I'm thinking your 2 who are in heaven are happy to know you are carrying the love on.Heart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

I am so happy for your new baby!  There is nothing that can surpass an animals love and companionship.  You two will have many fun-filled years together.  Share a picture and what is your babies name?

Honored Contributor

@Dinaki   She came with the name Natalie.  We decided not to change it since she answers well to that name.

Trusted Contributor

Unknown.jpeg

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Honored Contributor

Sounds like it was meant to be, @Carmie 

All the best to the new members of your household. Heart

Happiness abounds!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

Cavaliers are my favorite dog. I, too prefer the female. Please share a photo of Natalie, I'd love to see her color. 

Enjoy your new pet. I'm sure she will be loving and sweet forever. Your good home and dedicated care will give her a happy, healthy life. 

Super Contributor

Much happiness in the coming years with the new members of your family...

Some people seem to prefer one sex of a dog over another...my question is ...could I get some imput over male versus female dog......I am thinking of adopting a dog....would it make a difference....thank you...

Respected Contributor

That is amazing - for you and your new dog.  It was meant to be.