Respected Contributor

I used to give Salmon oil to Gabriel, but I stopped a while ago.  Hes on Taste of The Wild Pacific stream, which is salmon.  I'm thinking to start him on the oil again because hes shedding ALOT!  I brush him daily, sometimes 2x, and also hubby uses the rubber mitts with the nubbies. Alot of hair comes out, but its still all over the house.  I know Labs have a double coat, and do shed alot, and also its getting very hot here in Florida,  but my brown wood floors are driving me crazy seeing his yellow hair all over.  I'm vacuuming every day, and then use a swifter at night.   I'm not sure adding the oil would help, and hes already on a salmon diet.  I also have to watch his weight.  Let me know what you think...should I try it again, or no?

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin   Most dogs are shedding their winter coats right now.  I have two double coated long-haires and one is shedding copiously.  They have to get rid of that hair; it's only natural.  I'd hold off on the oil, knowing the worst will soon be over.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

What breed is your dog?I had a lab, several years ago ,she would blow her coat ,twice a year ,really heavy shedding.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

What breed is your dog?I had a lab, several years ago ,she would blow her coat ,twice a year ,really heavy shedding.

Hes a yellow lab.