Valued Contributor

Added a new fur child to the family today...

[ Edited ]

We got a call yesterday from an animal rescue group about a mini horse,we have one rescue we adopted this past spring.The poor thing was surrendered  by a family who had it living in a storage shed unheated,  the police were called by a neighbor. They said he was thin and need antibiotics for some wheezing.So off my fil and my brother went very early this morning with the pony trailer. It has been 5-15 degrees here for a few days.I don't know how this little one survived. She is now in the barn with honey ,my other boy.She is being groomed  and eating well.looks like she is home for good.Her name is sparkles.I pray she does well and lives a long  healthy life.If you are inclined send a little good thoughts her way...Hugs,MaryAnne

Honored Contributor

Re: Added a new fur child to the family today...

@Still keeper of the koi, I can just picture this little one.  Thank you for doing that. I'm glad you made a home for her.  Bless the beasts and children. She sounds adorable.

Valued Contributor

@qualitygal, looks like I got the Ultimate child wish for Christmas,A pony!So use to having my little man,I  will have  to remember she's a little girl.. Lots more fun!Thank you, hugs,Maryanne

Trusted Contributor

Bless you for taking in this rescue! I will be praying for sparkles, which will be easy for me to remember since i have a cow named sparkler. Almost all the pets I've ever had were a rescue of some form. Even the offspring of the cows comes from a rescue of sorts. Back in 1996 when I was a twelve, my dad and some neighbors rescued a herd of cattle that were threatened by a severe flood. None of the cows drowned, thank God, and we ended up taking three of the calves born the following year, which the family line is still going. Thanks for caring for the once uncared for. God bless!

Honored Contributor

I'm so thankful that you rescued her and thankful that the neighbors called the police.  I will pray for a full recovery for Sparkles.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

@Still keeper of the koi You are a perfect example of one of the reasons why God created us.  To help the needy even our furry friends. Sparkles has been blessed with a caring and loving family and a chance to live a happy life. God bless you, your family and sparkles. Your post is just so heartwarming. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Valued Contributor

@NickNack,I do believe she is a special  gift for my fil.He is so excited,he says I will be down at the barn with my girl,she needs  a blanket.I haven't seen him smile in weeks.Thank you to the creator for this sparkle for  his life. Happy New Year dear friend,love,hugs. MaryAnne

Valued Contributor

@SandPiper, Thank you for your words,they make me warm..We are created to love, to be kind to everyone and everything.That being said I think she was  waiting for is.We are being blessed with this little life.. Have a wonderful New Year  dear friend..Love and hugs,MaryAnne 

Honored Contributor

Bless you for making room in your home and heart for this precious animal!

We rescue cats and dogs, but I'm afraid horses are beyond my ability, and I'm sure they aren't easy to place, especially this time of year. 

I know she is amazingly thankful to be somewhere warm and safe, and will be demonstrating that for the rest of her life. 

Enjoy her!

Respected Contributor

@Still keeper of the koi How wonderful!  ... for your family and for Sparkles!  I know she has a great home now.  Enjoy her!