Honored Contributor

I saw an ad and was wondering if it really is as great as the ad makes it out to be. Has anyone tried it?

All you do is put this plastic and mess thing is the washer and it "catches" the dog or cat fur. And all you have to do is empty it and none of your clothing has anymore dog or cat fur on it.

My washer has an automatic sensor and washes the clothes with very little water. I don't understand how this item can catch dog or cat fur when there is only a small amount of water. I don't know how this thing could move around much less catch fur floating around.

Has anyone tried it?

Esteemed Contributor

Doesn't your machine have several  water level selections?  My machine also controls volume of water vs weight of item(s)....but I can click it to small load size, med, large or super level of water (queen sheets).  Or.........put the doggy brush - or whatever it is - in with a load of towels.  Should work.

Respected Contributor

Re: Ad for fur catcher

[ Edited ]

There's a feature on one of our local (Pittsburgh) news stations called Does It Really Do That and the Fur Zapper is one of the things they tested.  They thought it worked pretty well.  If the link gets zapped (no pun intended) just search Does It Really Do That KDKA.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019/02/22/does-it-really-do-that-furzapper/

Esteemed Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

There's a feature on one of our local (Pittsburgh) news stations called Does It Really Do That and the Fur Zapper is one of the things they tested.  They thought it worked pretty well.  If the link gets zapped (no pun intended) just search Does It Really Do That KDKA.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019/02/22/does-it-really-do-that-furzapper/

@FranandZoe  I just watched it. Seemed to do the job pretty well. Will keep this

product in mind. Thanks!