Esteemed Contributor

Aaahhh, Call 9 1 1, My Bowl Is Empty !!!!

Actually it is not empty. There is a teeny tiny speck of the bottom showing, surrounded by plenty of fresh food. Drama Queen. 

My 14 yr. old cat, Tess, lovingly referred to a crabby cat because she is, has quirks.  Not a millimeter of the bottom of the bowl can show, not even a pinhead's worth. Her water bowl has to be filled so that it is even with the rim. If it is down a quarter of an inch, boy, I get @^*$%# from her. 

In 14 yrs. she has never, ever had no food in her bowl and always has had fresh clean water.

Boy, she is getting more and more demanding in her old age.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Aaahhh, Call 9 1 1, My Bowl Is Empty !!!!

They really do have quirks and crack me up at times!

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Respected Contributor

Yeah, what is it with wanting food in the bowl when there's food in it? My cats are the same way. Slick wanted to be fed, so I put some food in his bowl and he ate some of it. 15 minutes later, there he is standing by his bowl to be fed again. Doesn't he see that food in the bowl? Heck no. Had to put a few pieces of new food in so he would eat, Maisie and Stormy aren't much better.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@We rescue cats   Their water bowl is washed and filled to the brim per Witchypoo's orders ever morning. 2 hours later she looks in it and sits by it just glaring at me. I tell her it's fine. Then I get the feline version of an argument. I look in the bowl, yep, fresh, still cold water, but gasp, it is below the rim, barely.

Sucker that I am, bowl is washed again, refilled to the top, happy, quiet cat.

2 to 3 hours later........rinse and repeat.  That goes on all day.

Oh, if DD or I get up at use the bathroom in the middle of the night, she wants it done then too. She figures as long as we are up her wish is our command.

Spoiled little beast.

Respected Contributor

When my husband and I had been together for a few months, I noticed my cat was getting very fat.  She would go into a panic yowling when she saw a bare hole in her food bowl and would come running for help.   I discovered that my husband was filling that hole with food when she came running to him.  When she ran to me in full blown panic, I just shook the bowl filling in the hole and keeping her daily ration intact.  It took us both to get her weight back into a healthy range.  But I had to give her applause for her figuring out how to get more food!

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2    Your sweet Tess sounds like my 2 kitties, Sophie and Gianna!  Very loved and spoiled too!  They have me wrapped around their paws.  Hugs to your Tess!  

Esteemed Contributor

@sophiesofers  She is an odd duck.  I got her at 4 months and she has been been a lovey dovey cat. She had tons of tos but never reaaly played. Just an old soul.

Now at 14 she will play but if she sees you are watching her she jumps up and saunters off like "what, I wasn't playing."

She is long haired and very pretty, just cranky.  She is Hallmark's Maxine in cat form.

Trusted Contributor

Do any of your cats feed their toys? Two of our cats feed their stuffies, we find them in the bowl several times a week. 

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Honored Contributor

I have an automatic feeder for Killa.  He can tell time.  Two minutes prior to the food dropping down to his dish, he goes to his water bowl & washes his front paws.  Then he sits in front of the feeder w/a tilted head.

He waits for the sound of the kibble hitting his bowl to stop before he starts eating.

No  issues w/his water bowl.  As long as there is enough water in his bowl to wash his front paws before eating he's a happy camper. Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif