Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach Oh yes me too. I love, love cats. It's in my DNA. My mother took in all the strays, fed them, cared for them, was a true kitty doula and passed on her love and skills.Heart

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Trusted Contributor

@betteb. Glad it was sorted out. Maybe another breed of cat was upset by your post - snuck in while a moderator was away!!

1505690869bb61226ccbeea6dcfc7841-2.jpg

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Honored Contributor

@betteb  You are lucky your family DNA is so strong when it comes to animal care.  I think my family's DNA is strong, too, but in very different ways.  Once I had to be away from home for a couple of days and asked my grown child to watch my little dog.  The poor dog got out and wasn't missed until a neighbor rang the bell to say, "I think your dog wants to come in."  Thank goodness it was that simple.

That was my first dog.  Before her I had cats (three very different ones).  Someday I may have cats again.  I'm leaning toward Maine Coon or perhaps Burmese.  Or simply any lovely cat from a local shelter!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

@Adelina mini haha.gifThat could be!

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach I always adopt. Yes, I see beautiful exotic breeds and would love to have, but rescuing some poor baby is so rewarding, and I've never gotten a cat that didn't give back 10 fold.

Honored Contributor

"Oh Oh, someone is saying poo poo

Honored Contributor

@betteb  When I mentioned cat breeds, I didn't mean (should have explained) that I was looking for a purebred kitten.

There are lots of breed rescues if I wanted to go that route, and of course, so many wonderful cats at shelters (well, actually someday I hope all those cats and dogs are in homes).

No, I won't be adding to pet overpopulation.

As it is now, I've only been adopting older dogs.  

In case anyone not familiar with pets is reading this, it is not true that older pets do not bond with you.  My older pets have bonded so well.  I'm sure betteb and others will say the same.

Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@betteb  When I mentioned cat breeds, I didn't mean (should have explained) that I was looking for a purebred kitten.

There are lots of breed rescues if I wanted to go that route, and of course, so many wonderful cats at shelters (well, actually someday I hope all those cats and dogs are in homes).

No, I won't be adding to pet overpopulation.

As it is now, I've only been adopting older dogs.  

In case anyone not familiar with pets is reading this, it is not true that older pets do not bond with you.  My older pets have bonded so well.  I'm sure betteb and others will say the same.

I absolutely agree. Over the years, I have gone into the shelter to adopt with an open mind. The only rule I have is, if I adopt a kitten, I try very hard to get 2, litter mates if possible, but I've adopted many older cats.

It probably sounds weird, but I try to go in with an open mind and heart and visit all the kittys available, and let the cat pick me. 

Honored Contributor

". . . let the cat pick me."  

Well said, @betteb , well said.

I actually did that with all my three cats (each had his or her own story, of course!), and most of my dogs!  It's lovely to get that teamwork in play!

Honored Contributor

Betteb, The mods may have questioned whether or not that was a copyrighted picture.  I see it has a seal on it and something written on it.  Some photos can't be duplicated or reproduced.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment