Esteemed Contributor

@QVC Community Team

I posted some breed information on the Pictures of Just Cats thread in Pet Lovers, in answer to a question by another poster.

That post is now gone, with no explaination. It contained no links and nothing offensive.

Please respond and tell me why? Smiley Sad

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

betteb

The "Community Team" should've had the courtesy of replying to your queiry. I have no doubts that they saw it considering you posted it 8 hours ago.

Wonder if they'll nuke my reply!!!!!

---------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Respected Contributor

I know I had stuff go POOF also for no reason

Honored Contributor

Re: ATTN: community team

[ Edited ]

I just read the tail end of a long thread with cat pictures and something about various breeds.  Is that what you're looking for?  If so, it's posted somewhere.  If they remove something, they say so.

is this it?

Re: PICTURES OF JUST CATS-the original [ New ]
Options
yesterday

@shoekitty That cat is a Selkirk Rex Smiley Happy

One of the newest natural breeds, this naturally curly cat originated from a housecat, Miss DePesto of Noface, found in a shelter in Montana. Given to Persian breeder, Jeri Newman of Montana, who bred her to PhotoFinish of Deekay, a black Persian. “Pest” produced three curly kittens out of six – proving that unlike the Devon Rex and Cornish Rex, Pest’s mutation was dominant. Because the gene is dominant, curly kittens can be born in the same litter with straight haired kittens.

The Selkirk Rex is being developed as a large, heavy boned cat rather like the British Shorthair in conformation. The head is round with no flat planes. The curl is plush and loosely curled, showing up more dramatically on the longhair. Selkirks are healthy and sturdy. They are an incredibly patient, loving, and tolerant cats.

From the moment of birth, curly kittens can be distinguished from their straight haired littermates by their curly whiskers. The whiskers are brittle and may break as they grow longer. The whiskers and hair do not change as the cat grows older; if they are curly at birth, they are curly as an adult. Even if the coat later shows less curl, the cat has the curly gene and retains the curly whiskers.

Selkirk Rexes come in two coat lengths: short and long. Each length has a separate division within the judging process. The care of the two different lengths of coats is similar to that of either a short or longhair coat. Brushing in either case should not be as frequent if the curly coat is to be maintained. Shampoos that do not coat the hair but leave the cat feeling silky and clean are the best to allow the hairs to curl.

This breed is not for the uptight organized pet owner. These cats’ humans must be prepared to take all kinds of hair jokes such as: “The cat with the bad hair day.” “Why don’t you groom your cat,” or “This cat is our dip and dry variety.” Such comments lead to the hidden secret: they make you laugh. Although they may not always win the beauty pageant, they always win the title of Miss Congeniality.

Selkirk Rex owners are consistently stopped by people with anxious hands wanting to pet and feel this soft, plush pet. The fortunate humans are those who can take these live teddy cats home for cuddles and hugs.
"Sometimes, good things fall apart, so better things can fall together" Marilyn Monroe

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624

Thanks for letting me know.  I did see that this morning.  I love the looks of that cat.

Honored Contributor

@betteb

I have no idea, as I think I just saw the post.  Are you sure it is not still there?  I can't think of any reason to remove it .  Confusing, I hope someone answers.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shoekitty Oh yes they removed it not once but twice with a lightning trigger finger. I couldn't figure it out, thus this post. They just put it back today. Crazy right?

ETA They are adorable and from the description, great personalities.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@betteb Must have been that dreaded ".ex" word.  ;-)

I wonder if the program is set to automatically delete posts with ".ex" words, and then after human review, all is restored?

Computers have no discernment (at least not yet - Humans notwithstanding).

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach wrote:

@betteb Must have been that dreaded ".ex" word.  ;-)

I wonder if the program is set to automatically delete posts with ".ex" words, and then after human review, all is restored?

Computers have no discernment (at least not yet - Humans notwithstanding).

@GingerPeach Oh, ha, duh! I never even thought about that, since the old program wouldn't post it at all.

Honored Contributor

Aw, @betteb , my own kitty pictures!

And by the way, I always like learning about cats (and dogs) so the breed info you posted was very welcome!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.