Honored Contributor

OMG. I just can’t watch those poor animals starving and shivering in the cold. Every time the ad comes on the tv, the tears just roll down my face.

I pray that all those creatures and so many others find a warm forever home in 2018. 😢

Respected Contributor

Their ads make me very sad. 

Trusted Contributor

I can't watch it, either.  My little Yorkster was in that same situation two years ago and I just can't think about it or I get very sad and stressed out.  You can't help them all.  

Honored Contributor

I dont give those ads a lot of credibility.  I think they're designed and carefully staged to garner the sympathy of viewers hoping they'll write a nice check.  I kind of resent them using the poor animals for that purpose and making viewers feel badly, as you do @Shanus.  If I was donating to the SPCA, I'd chose the local group, not the ASPCA.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Can’t spell worth a darn....ASPCA! Sorry.

Esteemed Contributor

I have to change the channel every time it's on.  If I could I would write a big old check but this year I did write checks to a few animal groups, does my heart good knowing I can help a bit even though I can't adopt or foster another dog at his time. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I dont give those ads a lot of credibility.  I think they're designed and carefully staged to garner the sympathy of viewers hoping they'll write a nice check.  I kind of resent them using the poor animals for that purpose and making viewers feel badly, as you do @Shanus.  If I was donating to the SPCA, I'd chose the local group, not the ASPCA.

@Kachina624. I understand. I do also support the beagle rescue group in my area. 

Honored Contributor

I donate to my local non-kill shelter.  

Honored Contributor

I change the channel.  They intentionally try to pull on your heart strings.  I won't give to anyone looking for donations when I'm made to feel uncomfortable.

Honored Contributor

I cannot count how many times I have called them and told them that anyone who loves animals, runs for the remote as fast as possible to turn it off and if they really wanted people to donate, they would show heartwarming happy results of adoptions, positive things.

I donate to our local humane society that is wonderful.They do a lot and were part of bringing animals up from the hurricane areas and helping to shelter them until homes were found or reunited with their owners.

I can't stand that any of the ASPCA money is used for their awful tv ads. I've told them they are a waste of money and advertising.They just don't learn.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"