Honored Contributor

Re: ANYONE HAVE THIS CAT TOY?

I wouldn't use it for two reasons.  The first, and most important reason is that it can damage a cat's eyes to look directly at a laser.  It seems like the cat would look directly at that laser.  Others have said this in this thread, and I agree with them.

The second reason is that I have read that cats need to get the satisfaction of catching the prey.  They never catch the prey with the laser.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44    Thank you so much.  I will check it out on EBay.

@Katcat1 

I'm not clear as to what it does ... is it like a feather on a stick toy?

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I wouldn't use it for two reasons.  The first, and most important reason is that it can damage a cat's eyes to look directly at a laser.  It seems like the cat would look directly at that laser.  Others have said this in this thread, and I agree with them.

The second reason is that I have read that cats need to get the satisfaction of catching the prey.  They never catch the prey with the laser.

My cats are the exact opposite. They love the chase, but if they catch whatever they're chasing they quickly lose interest and walk away. As long as you don't let them catch the toy, they're thrilled and will play all day. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44    The three pieces of some type of cardboard are on the end.  First of all you hold it (the one piece cardboard end) and it's on a wire and the wire goes every which way and then the cat hits the 3 pc. cardboard end and it goes every which way.  Cats love it.  It use to cost about $3 and endless enjoyment for your purr baby.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

I also would be concerned about the laser light hitting my cat's eye with this model..  I creeated a monster. I bought the small 3 battery laser toys last Christmas and she absolutely loves it.  She will sit next to my chair and get very vocal when she wants to play which is generally several times a day.  She is very insistent when she wants to play and is very patient until I respond.  I point the laser light toward something a good distance away from her and she runs to catch it.  She goes back and forth sometimes even running.  Great excercise for her.