Honored Contributor

My Bogey loves the red laser dot toy, and never gets enough.  I found this automated one online, and am wondering if anyone has any experience with it ... three settings ... slow, fast and random.   Battery operated.

What do you think?   TIA !!

Image 1 - Diamond-Laser-Cat-Toy-Adjustable-3-Speeds-Interactive-Pet-Laser-Pointer

Image 9 - Diamond-Laser-Cat-Toy-Adjustable-3-Speeds-Interactive-Pet-Laser-Pointer

Image 6 - Diamond-Laser-Cat-Toy-Adjustable-3-Speeds-Interactive-Pet-Laser-Pointer

Esteemed Contributor

Re: ANYONE HAVE THIS CAT TOY?

I am not a fan of anything laser and I feel it would drive the poor cat crazy.  JMO.

Respected Contributor

My sister's cat Nash would loooove this!  She already has a manual laser but this one takes laser to a whole new level.  I'm sending your info to her; thanks for sharing!  

Honored Contributor

I think it would drive the cat crazy - or, do they become bored with it after a while?

Also, is there a chance the laser could hit the cat's eye and do damage?

Honored Contributor

No, I do not have it.  My cats past and present always loved Cat Dancer toy but I have not been able to find it in stores now.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ValuSkr wrote:

I think it would drive the cat crazy - or, do they become bored with it after a while?

Also, is there a chance the laser could hit the cat's eye and do damage?

@ValuSkr  @Tinkrbl44  - That would be my concern also.  I have a handheld laser that I sometimes use to play with my cats, but I can control that and make sure they never look directly at it.

It seems to me that any cat would automatically look at the source of the "dot".  I would never risk it.

Honored Contributor

I have the regular old manual dot laser.  Kitty does tire of it after a while and gets mad at me when she is tired and runs for her comb.  She loves my hair combs.  I buy packets of them (the small combs that work like clamps).  She grabs them with her teeth and carries them somewhere.  I think she thinks she has a mouse.  They are brown and about the same size as a small mouse.  She is so cute and bossy looking with her comb prey.

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

My sister's cat Nash would loooove this!  She already has a manual laser but this one takes laser to a whole new level.  I'm sending your info to her; thanks for sharing!  

@BornToShop 

Several versions are on Ebay, which is where I found this. Kitties LOVE the red dot.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

No, I do not have it.  My cats past and present always loved Cat Dancer toy but I have not been able to find it in stores now.

@Katcat1 

Hope this is the one ......  they start on Ebay for about $3 and change ....  using the search words "Cat Dancer Toy" brought up 140 auctions.

img

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44    Thank you so much.  I will check it out on EBay.

kindness is strength