Valued Contributor

Re: ANGRY ORANGE Odor Eliminator?

These are the two things I use. I have two dogs, plus I foster rescues. I can't get my husband to put hardwood floors in our house (he doesn't like them) so I have to deal with carpet. :-(

This one I use for quick clean-ups and accidents. It has a pretty strong mint fragrance that I don't care for but it goes away pretty quickly. I get it on Amazon.

enzyme cleaner2.jpg

This one comes in many different fragrances. I prefer the unscented. I used a garden sprayer and soaked my living room carpet and left it overnight. Then I used my steam cleaner to rinse. No pee smell remained. I also have a small spray bottle with it and I spray the couch and chair to freshen. I get it on Amazon.

enzyme cleaner.jpg

Honored Contributor

My DD uses it @monicakm   and swears by it.

Respected Contributor

I had a lot of luck on a cat pee stain with a product called Nature's Miracle.  There was an Amazon review that suggested pouring it right on the spots full strnegth, letting it do its thing for a day or so and then cleaning the spot.  That's what I did.  When the enzymes started to work, the spot smelled worse, but the enzymes did their thing and by the time I shampooed the carpets, it was better.

Trusted Contributor

We have a cat rescue and rely on Pooph, it works well as does My Cat Peed.

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Trusted Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@kze 

Thats true and one reason I drench the area with water after I've gotten up what I can and then do what I can to soak up the water.  For future reference, you can buy water proof pad (if you ever re-carpet).  I've never followed up to see how well it works but people with pets buy a lot of it.

That never occurred to me and I never heard of water proof pads for carpet.  Thanks for the info.