Honored Contributor

ANGRY ORANGE Odor Eliminator?

Has anyone used this for dog urine?  Frankie did not come  housebroke

Smiley Sad  She is now and I've cleaned pee areas by using a towel to soak up the urine, then flooding the area with water, soaked that up, spray with Mr Clean and a Lysol type product.  The last accident she had I added this product as a final step.  I know I didn't get the smell out without the Angry Orange because I can still smell it depending on the weather.  This has 4.5 stars out of 107,549 ratings.  They make a "stain" version also but I got the stains out with Mr Clean.  I can't get on my knees but later tonight I'll ask DH to smell the treated area to see if he can smell any pee.

Honored Contributor

Re: ANGRY ORANGE Odor Eliminator?

@monicakm    I think you may need a specialized  product with enzymes to kill pet urine odor.  I'd go to a pet store and ask.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

I thought I read somewhere that it contained enzymes but maybe not.  Found it...

The enzymes in this carpet deodorizer work to effectively break smells right down to the protein, ensuring they don’t return. Essential for anyone seeking cat and dog housebreaking supplies!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use Resolve Urine Destroyer to get rid of the stain and odor. That takes care of it. Then for an added measure, after that dries, I spray X-O Odor Neutralizer on it. Smells are gone.

ETA-

Chewy dot com sells that Resolve Urine Destroyer.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

I'm glad it's working for you.  I saw the Resolve pet stain product and it has 4.5 stars too but far less reviews.  The Angry Orange was a #1 best seller.  I better not need it anymore!  She's house broke now.  Howie has been here nearly 7 years and has never pooped, peed or thrown up in house.  Never chewed anything.  Never does  anything wrong except climb the fence and stay gone all night Smiley Sad  It's a struggle to not compare Frankie to him but he's a one in a trillion dog.  But he won't sleep with us and is not a snuggler like Frankie is.  

Howie

howie.jpg

Trusted Contributor

I have the best luck with Nature's Miracle. The odor and stain remover one. Benny had many, many accidents in the house the first two months we had him and this stuff was a godsend. Tomorrow is Benny's first birthday and we haven't had an accident in months, but I still keep it in the house. My daughter brought her new puppy over on Sunday and he had a little accident on my throw rug so I was glad I had some in the house.

Trusted Contributor

I'm assuming this is on carpet.  My vet gave me a hypodermic needle and said to inject an enzyme product liberally into the carpet pad.  She said if you don't get down into the pad, the smell will never come out completely.  It was a very large hypodermic that held a lot of liquid.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, I put it in my cart in case I need it.  That's a few less steps than what I've been doing.

Honored Contributor

@kze 

Thats true and one reason I drench the area with water after I've gotten up what I can and then do what I can to soak up the water.  For future reference, you can buy water proof pad (if you ever re-carpet).  I've never followed up to see how well it works but people with pets buy a lot of it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

i have used SCOE 10x to elimate odors for years because it works.

it removes urine odors and even the odor of raw chicken that was left in the car in July for a few days....the worse small ever!

it comes in a bottle that is concentrated you mix with water, so it is affordable.

i buy it online...check out the reviews.  It's amazing stuff.

96DFCEDC-5A5F-4550-9368-A75F9684201E.jpeg