Honored Contributor

Re: A very weak, sick Beagle......UPDATE

[ Edited ]

The vet said she had been hit by a car and after blood tests, xrays, she had multiple internal injuries to her diaphragm and other internal organs, she was in kidney failure, and she most likely would not survive.  So we had to make the decision to have her put down.  She crossed over the Rainbow Bridge with hubby and I petting her.Smiley Sad

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

How sad, someone might had just dumped her out ,or maybe lost, poor little girl, they just want love ,food ,shelter from us.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie  I know you are sad however do you recognize how remarkable that you and your beloved husband are?  I can say, without reservation that a majority of the population (all posters here are excluded) wouldn't have noticed her or even bothered with her.

Before she crossed the rainbow bridge she was no longer invisible.  She was seen by you, your husband and the physician's who tried to help her.

She knew human kindness before she transitioned, she felt affection and concern.  Before St Francis welcomed her she knew she mattered.

That's a big deal.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you for those kind words.  They mean a lot to us.

@Bird mama

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

Tears rolling down my cheeks as I read this.  She is now in perfect health romping around with old and newfound pooch pals.  She crossed while in loving arms.  A noble and loving send-off.  Thank you for being her last contact with someone who cared.  She knew that.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

This is very sad.  You did a wonderful thing for her, though, by taking her to the Vet and humanely letting her go peacefully.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@Imaoldhippie,Thank you for leading her back to the master.No more pain,she is free.May your heart be better for her,for you surely  made hers full.Blessings for the season to you ,blessed are those who carry the burden of caring for the lost....hugs ,dear girl,MaryAnne

Regular Contributor

Awww...I am so very sorry. You went above and beyond. You did the right thing. At least she passed knowing someone cared enough to help her. Bless you for trying. Heart

Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie

I'm glad that dog was able to feel loved at the end of her life.  Thank you for caring. 

Trusted Contributor

That breaks my heart....saying prayers for that poor baby...