Esteemed Contributor

Re: A very special delivery!

@Tweety68  Definitely a very special delivery!  Your kitty looks just like one in our neighborhood named Cloud.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Super Contributor

1. 20190602_184623.jpg
Super Contributor

Princess  mimi ...her sign on the driveway

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@ScenicMaine  Thank you for your well wishes and right back at you.

At my age I sometimes worry that if something happened to me what would happen to Katie the cat.  Bill would easily be cared for but Katie would go to my friend (the Vet's nurse) as I think she still has medical issues that just don't show up on exams.  My friend has 6 or 7 cats, 3 or 4 dogs.  They all get amazing care (she's amazing).

My daughter that lives not far, she already has 2 cats that someone just gave her.  She didn't want them, but had no choice.  She also has 3 teenagers and an almost 7 year old so her time/life is very full.  Ha!

Bill will absolutely NOT drink water.  Being a male (with a small urethra tube, he needs the water....Hence, I have to buy him prescription (very wet) food.  Lately I've even been adding a drop of water to the food because I worry he isn't getting enough liquid.

Our animals are our babies.  My daughter in Denver loves her dog so much.  She has never been married, is almost 39 and doesn't have children.  Her dog goes everywhere with her.  She's bringing Luna (the dog) to Va for a month when she visits this summer (she can work anywhere).  It's going to be interesting introducing Bill and Katie the cat to my Katie the human and Luna the dog!  Ha!  Luna has seen cats and ignores them but my cats have only seen a tiny dog for a minute!

Bill just sniffed the dog and walked away, but it took Katie until way into the night after they'd left for her to show up!

Animals have personalities just like people.  If you want to love an animal, just like a person, you have to accept them as they are.

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

You have your hands full trying to feed Katie & getting Bill to drink.  Takes a lot of love & patience on your part. 

Try not to worry too much.  It seems as though you have a plan for both kitties.  That should be reassuring to you.  Your friend, the Vet nurse, is one amazing person, taking on all of the pets.

Enjoy your visit with your daughter & her dog.  I hope all goes well with the "furbaby" introductions.  Wish I were a fly on the wall .. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@ScenicMaine Really funny!  So my oldest daughter (who lives maybe 1/2 hour away or so) called me after talking with her sister (my youngest daughter).

She was flipping out (the oldest was).  She's like, "Mom!  I hope you understand Katie (the youngest) can't stay with you because you have those cats and she has a dog and so on and so on!

She's always been my responsible one.  She handles all of the family business, taxes, etc.  She also handles all of her husband's business (he owns his company).  She really has her hands full, yet she worries about everyone else.  She's so much like my late husband it's almost scary.  They were very best friends, so similar.

Anyway, I think I calmed her down....somewhat...Then the youngest daughter called and I told her "Your sister called and she's worried".  Katie laughed and said, "What else is new Mom".  

I guess it's because now I'm at the age where I figure it will all work out one way or another.

First the roof will get replaced and then I'll deal with some of these major things about the house that needs to be done.

The way I look at things and life is I'm so lucky because the major problem with everything is health and finding the money to do what's necessary....right?  Well I don't need to worry about that because one way or another that roof will get done.  It only takes about 1 & 1/2 days to totally redo a roof.  Not a big deal.  And so on and on (as the song goes.....Ha!

Yes, life is interesting.  You can either go with the flow or fight against it.

Here's what I think will happen as far as the youngest daughter goes.  I think she'll be here for maybe 2 weeks and realize (remember) Virginia isn't as friendly for dogs as Colorado.  She can take her dog many places that she can't where I live.  She loves Colorado so much that she'll have visited her friends and family and be like, "OK, I miss Colorado too much....I'm out of Virginia".  Ha!

She mentioned she wants to take me to visit QVC while she's here.  I've always wanted to do that.  I thought someone said the visits were ending where you could go through QVC but while we were talking she looked on the internet and you can book them through the end of July?

Anyway, she has great plans for us.  I don't know what she plans to do with Luna while she's with me (I guess a one day trip)...I have no idea.  I'm not going to think about that.

My two daughters (youngest and oldest) could have been event planners in another life.  Those girls love to plan their entire life ahead of time.  They do that for themselves and oldest does that for her entire family.

My late husband was like that.  Plan, plan everything.  All I've ever done was show up.  I never cared enough to worry about it....just show up.

When I travel they make the flight reservations (I just say, "Put me on the end aisle and in first class seats".  That's all I care about.  Then the oldest drops me off at the airport and makes arrangements for me to have a wheelchair waiting.  She takes care of everything for me.  They are all amazing daughters.  Very kind and thoughtful.  How could I complain about them?

So, stay tuned.  I'm sure there will be glitches like crazy.  Did I mention the youngest is storing her stuff and giving up her townhouse (she rents it).  

That's a lot of change.  Stay tuned.  Ha!  I'm sure many of you have lots of 'stuff' going on like I do.  Anyone care to share some of you @#$% Ha!

@ECBG knows me pretty well.  I think she gets a kick out of  some of my 'stuff'.  She's a wonderful friend to me.

Life is interesting and meant to do our best while we are here.  Some things we have no control over.

I told the youngest, "If it was anyone else that said (at this time) I'm coming to visit, I'd flip and say, 'now is NOT the time"....how do you turn down a chance to spend lots of time with one of the 3 people in your life that makes your world go around?  You hold on tight to them and thank GOD for sending them to your life...that's what you do...right ladies?

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

Do what gives you joy my friend!   Do it for me too!Smiley Happy

Image result for woman dancing in flowers

Respected Contributor

@MoonieBaby wrote:

SUCH a GOOOOD BOY!!

My kiddencat Shadow is the only cat I know that WILL NOT get into boxes or bags, he has zero interest.  
Love that cat like crazy...he tolerates me rubbing noses with him. I just wanna squish him!

Pride and love are wonderful things....enjoy every minute with our magnificent creatures...I too am blessed to have a loyal and loving Maxwell Fergus!  Mr. Maxwell inspects every bag, box and/or any other kind of container that he can investigate, knock over or jump into!

Respected Contributor

@Tweety68  What a gorgeous kitty!

Super Contributor

@ScarletDove ...Thank you that is MiMi..She is a big beautiful girl..Such a sweet cuddly baby

..I love hearing from others who appreciate the unique  fur kids! sending you a fuzzy hug...