Super Contributor

20190529_143227.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: A very special delivery!

I love your baby.  My cat Bill has to eat prescription wet food from Chewy.  He will not drink water.  He had a very serious bladder infection and caught it in time (thank goodness).  

The Chewy prescription is canned and very wet.  

Bill also loves the little box the cans come in!  I didn't think anything about it so when I unpacked the cans I tossed the little box they came in down the hallway to throw out.

Next thing I know Bill is sitting and laying and sleeping in the thing.

I have in my TV room 2 huge (almost to the ceiling) cat trees.  Bill's in one of them now but STILL his favorite thing is to sit in that Chewy box!

The funny thing is that Bill is orange.  More than one time he blends in with the color of the box so I walk right past him in the hallway!

More than one time I've gone looking for him in the middle of the night and he's zonked out in that box in the hallway!  Just listening to me yelling, "Bill!  Bill".  Ha!

Esteemed Contributor

@Tweety68 All your kitty needs is a small pillow and you have a new 

bed. You should send the picture to Chewy if you follow them.Heart

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

Yes, our babies have their favorite areas for napping!

Does Bill like paper bags to lie in? 

When my 2 were younger they would sometimes nap & play with each other in the brown grocery bags. One in the bag, the other on the outside very sneakily trying to catch the one on the inside.  Also, threw their little toys in their & they had a blast going after them & throwing them around.  

Honored Contributor

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

SUCH a GOOOOD BOY!!

My kiddencat Shadow is the only cat I know that WILL NOT get into boxes or bags, he has zero interest.  
Love that cat like crazy...he tolerates me rubbing noses with him. I just wanna squish him!

Honored Contributor

@ScenicMaine  First of all I love your 'name'.  Maine is a beautiful state.

Yes, Bill (only Bill as Katie the cat hates everything and everyone)....but Bill will do his darndest to get into anything; and especially boxes!

So, one day a very small box fell on the kitchen floor.  Bill goes running over to it to TRY to get into it (head first....of course).

Now this box is maybe 4 (not exaggerating) times the size of him (think that much smaller).

Yet he continued to try to fit into it.  So now (after maybe 2 weeks) it's still sitting where it was (I did move it up against the counter).  I just get a kick out of how he will continuously TRY his best to get into that box!  

He just never gives up!  He cannot resist trying to fit into that box!  (It's one of those very small QVC boxes makeup comes in!).

My friend came over yesterday to help me with some things.  She helped me pick out Bill and Katie from an adoption place so Bill is like her son too.  She worships (who could resist) Bill....(everyone loves Bill).

Anyway, she went to pick up the box (everyone knows how hard it is for me to bend because of my back).

I was in another room when I saw her out of the corner of my eye.  Just as I started to yell to her, "You can leave that there".  Bill showed up and tried to (you guessed it) get into the box!

She laughed so hard, I jumped up (not much I do these days) and together we watched Bill (head first) struggle with that silly little box.

So, there you go.  I have no idea what it is about that box.  There are boxes everywhere in my house.  He does love the very low box that came with his prescription canned food.  He will snuggle in it.

Funny thing is he's orange so if I'm not careful, I'll be screaming his name and walk right past him (he blends into the box (similar color).

My friend likes to tell the story of how once when she was looking for him early one morning to take him to the Vet (she's the Vet's nurse) he was just laying in a box not moving and she kept walking past him.  She said, suddenly he twitched and she saw movement.

He's clever, that Bill is.  He's stolen the hearts of even the most "I hate cats' people.  Even they love Bill.  He kinda acts like a dog (but he's still honest to his heritage) and is very cat-like. 

I think he was sent here to teach people that all animals are wonderful.....Heart

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

Mr. Bill & Miss Katie are such different personalities!  But, we we have it any other way?  NO

Bill certainly keeps you on your toes.  I'm guessing Katie has a mischievous behavior?  I visualize her hiding, then pouncing at someone when they least expect it.  Please give them both hugs for me, Little Love Bugs.  (I often call my kitties that.)

I enjoy seeing all the different posts, the different pets, all of them with their own personal stories to tell .. 

Honored Contributor

@ScenicMaine  You have Bill 'pegged' right.  However, Katie stays hidden when anyone else is in the house (or storms are coming).

Katie does sometimes lay with her body facing me (as she pushes up and down on my sore legs) while I'm in the bed watching TV!

If I even twitch, she jumps up and out of the room.  Drives me crazy!

I stopped donating to the cat people who run an adoption agency because I honestly believe somewhere someone really mistreated her before she came to me.  

Otherwise she wouldn't after more than 7 years be as afraid as she is at people, things, etc.

Even now, I can't get close to her.  I have to kind of toss the food to her every meal, every day.

Loving Katie the cat is totally on her terms.  The only time I've picked her up is when I've cornered her to put her in her cage to go to the Drs.  It's totally on Katie's terms.

I accept her for who she is, but no one else would want her, I'm convinced. I love her to death.  I get frustrated to the 10th degree, but as in much of life, "it is what it is".  Right?

I don't know your age, but at 72 I've learned I must 'go with the flow'.  If not, life wouldn't be as wonderful as it is.

Enjoy the people you have in  your life.  The same goes for the animals too.  I really believe the only purpose in an animal's life is to give us love and for us to enjoy THEM.

Animals teach us so much more than we could ever give or learn from anything else. 

I gather you, and many other's here feel exactly the same way.  There are some amazing people here on this forum and we're lucky to be able to come and meet up with them.Heart

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

You may be right about poor Katie's reason to be so frightened.  My Mom had adopted a dog years ago that was found roaming in another neighborhood.  She showed signs of being very frightened also.

There could be many reasons for that occurring:  cruelty, deserted, injured, etc.  We do need to love them as best as we can.  The adoption centers aren't always aware of the pets' backgrounds. I'm sure Katie's grateful she has you for her Mom & loves you.  I hope some day that she'll feel more at ease & return your affection openly.

By the way, I'm 63.  Yes, we need to go with the flow & try to accept life as it is.  It's not easy at times.  I'm sorry you suffer from an illness. 

Please take care, you have a wonderful outlook.  Heart