Esteemed Contributor

The cat is very pretty. It doesn't look sick, so it might have belonged to someone. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Our local stray/feral cats all look very healthy, fit, and happy. It's probably because there are several of us who put out food for them. (Or in the case of the Phantom of the Crawlspace, deliver it directly to them.) I suspect he looked a bit chubbier before getting himself trapped in the crawlspace. I think he was in there a week to ten days before I figured out he was there. He likely lost a good bit of weight in that period.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Consider that the cat will be pooping in your crawl space.  Is the smell likely to permeate the rest of the house?

The last time I heard a phantom meow. my dog had found and brought in a newborn feral kitten.  In fact, he brought it in 3 times.

@Kachina624    Did you adopt the feral cat or find it a home ?  Just wondered😺

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

I had a phantom meow once.  At first thought it was one of my cats, but they were in the room with me.  So, I follow the meow to one of my air vents.  Pulled the vent up and there he was staring at me. He had managed to get into the crawl space and I guess pulled the ductwork down.  Apparently, a workman had left it open.  We were able to find the owners who were out of town.  It seems the cat used to be an indoor cat until the owner got married and the wife was allergic, so he was banished to the outdoors.  He became a regular visitor to our property for years after that.  I had not seen him for awhile and I saw the owner's wife out at the mailbox on one of my walks.  She said they assumed he had been killed by a coyote.  

What a cruel way to treat that cat.  Sounds like the owner's wife was glad the cat was out of her way.  Why don't people do the responsible thing and rehome an animal they no longer want?  At least that way, it could've been loved by someone else.

No wonder I like animals better than I do people!  Smiley Mad

@Venezia   You are not alone those feelings 😺.  I tend to judge a persons character by how they feel about animals and especially how they treat them 😏

Esteemed Contributor

@gardenman   I would just like to say God Bless you for taking care of this sweet kitty.   It warms my heart to know there are caring people out there like you😸.  Please let us know how it all turns out .

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Consider that the cat will be pooping in your crawl space.  Is the smell likely to permeate the rest of the house?

The last time I heard a phantom meow. my dog had found and brought in a newborn feral kitten.  In fact, he brought it in 3 times.

@Kitty Galore.  It was a newborn, too young to be adopted.  I called animal control who came and attempted to find the mom and rest of the litter.  They found 3 dead kittens and no mom.  They took the one my dog attempted to adopt.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

You can call him Wyze Guy.  What a cutie.  Bless you for going above and beyond to feed him and, hopefully, get him to relocate.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kitty Galore.  It was a newborn, too young to be adopted.  I called animal control who came and attempted to find the mom and rest of the litter.  They found 3 dead kittens and no mom.  They took the one my dog attempted to adopt.

@Kachina624   Oh that's so sad 😒. I hope they took her to an animal shelter and was adopted when old enough.