Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

She's lovely, @suzyQ3 and has the bonus of sparkly teeth.  Given what you've described as her former home, I guess you may have expected that, but still, it's always nice!

@GingerPeach, I had to go back and look. I wish I had such white teeth!

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

@suzyQ3 That sounds like a great way to bring a puppy into your home.  I have 2 older dogs - an 11 year old Westie and a 9 or 10 year old Shih Tzu rescue.  Then about a year ago a cousin adopted a Yorkie puppy.  After 2 months, due to a change in her life's circumstances, she asked if I would take the dog.  It has been the hardest year!  The house training alone has almost caused me to have a breakdown. We are up and outside at all hours of the night.  It's just been hard and I've vowed no more puppies...EVER!  What you have described would be wonderful!  Perhaps there is a way to have another puppy!

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3   My friend just got a cream Labrador from a breeder she had bought from before. It's a similar situation as yours.
  The breeder keeps two puppies from each litter, watches them and decides which one to keep. It's hard to pick with puppies so it works for her. It is working for my friend since she didn't want a small puppy 
   My friend has a horse farm and usually three dogs. Her oldest miniature Aussie has a brain tumor and is having seizures. She's on medication but her time is limited. 
   I met the new 5 month old Lab yesterday who was running with the pack and happy, as was my friend. She's been obedience training her and is doing well. 
   The old dog was happy to boss a younger one around! 
    Your new addition is beautiful, and I know you will enjoy her. 

Honored Contributor

Great news! 

Cali in all her Golden glory:

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

Great news! 

Cali in all her Golden glory:

Wow, thanks, @feline groovy . I have no clue why I didn't see that I could simply copy the image.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Congratulations on your new family member.

Esteemed Contributor

She is so beautiful.  Enjoy your new addition.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 Cali is so beautiful, I'm sure she will bring you so much happiness.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

Cali is beautiful. I wish you many happy years together.

She looks so petable :-)

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3  I couldn't find this thread, then I saw that it was moved. 

This is the big weekend for you, right?  SO exciting!  I'm really happy for you. Heart