Trusted Contributor

Re: A man who loves his horses !!!

@hayseed00 - You are living my dream. ♥️ 🐎 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Trusted Contributor

@Mimi 1883  Thank you for the nice compliment.  This time of year when its cold and snowy, it takes a little extra boost of grit to go out at 6:30 in the morn to feed and clean stalls.  We turn the horses out in the pasture for the daytime hours and they have a outdoor hay feeder.  I actually feel better after cleaning stalls and my other chores, it's just getting going.  My husband shovels the stalls and I put the sawdust bedding in them.  We also have four geriatric chickens who are now 11 yrs. old in the chicken coop.  I have a heat lamp and heated water dish for them.  It's cold on their old bones out here.

Honored Contributor

How lucky you are @hayseed00.

Respected Contributor

@hayseed00 

WHATTA GREAT CREW!

You are ONE lucky lady - on all aspects!

Trusted Contributor

@hayseed00 wrote:

@Mimi 1883  Thank you for the nice compliment.  This time of year when its cold and snowy, it takes a little extra boost of grit to go out at 6:30 in the morn to feed and clean stalls.  We turn the horses out in the pasture for the daytime hours and they have a outdoor hay feeder.  I actually feel better after cleaning stalls and my other chores, it's just getting going.  My husband shovels the stalls and I put the sawdust bedding in them.  We also have four geriatric chickens who are now 11 yrs. old in the chicken coop.  I have a heat lamp and heated water dish for them.  It's cold on their old bones out here.

@hayseed00 - Can totally understand about "getting going," especially when it's so cold out. They Love you for it! 💜 You take such good care of, not only the horses, but your four 'older' chickens. 👍 It sounds like they have a very nice and cozy home.

I may be wrong, but I *think* you had previously posted pictures of your backyard, and it was beautiful! 

Thank you for posting the picture! 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Trusted Contributor

@Mimi 1883  Yes I did post some pics of my flower garden.  Bring on spring !!!!!

Trusted Contributor

@hayseed00 wrote:

@Mimi 1883  Yes I did post some pics of my flower garden.  Bring on spring !!!!!

@hayseed00 - I thought it was you who posted beautiful pictures of the yard and the flowers! Gorgeous. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Trusted Contributor

@hayseed00  That's a great picture!  I want to know what they were chatting about. Sports?  Politics?  😉

Respected Contributor

That's a beautiful photo.  I love horses.  

Respected Contributor

I have loved horses since I was a little girl.  Thank you so much for sharing the wonderful photo of your husband and your horses.  A beautiful moment.  And thank you for what you do through the long winter to take care of your horses and your chickens.  My uncle was a dairy farmer in northern MN so I can imagine how hard it must be to get going every morning to take care of your animals.  So admire you and your husband.  Will look forward to seeing your beautiful garden when Spring comes where you are.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama