Honored Contributor

A Short Life, But Loved Nonetheless

I'm so sad for my son.  He decided to adopt a kitten from a local shelter near his home.  He did everything he thought he needed to do.  The first one he was interested in was adopted before he could make up his mind, but there was a second one that caught his attention.  My son visited the shelter a few times to make sure and finally took the little guy home a couple of months ago.  He faithfully kept his part of the adoption agreement and had the kitten to the vet for the required check ups.  The last check up was a couple of weeks ago.  At that time, they heard a heart murmur.  This morning was supposed to be the neutering operation.  I received a text saying they couldn't hear the heart murmur anymore.  About an hour later, my son called.  The little guy's heart stopped during the operation and they were unable to bring him back.  He was only 4-5 mos. old, but dearly loved for his short, little life.  Woman Sad

Super Contributor

Re: A Short Life, But Loved Nonetheless

Aww, such a sad story.  Poor little baby!  No doubt he would have enjoyed a loving home with your son!  Sorry for your son and you to lose the kitten so soon.  Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

Your son is an angel for making the little guy's short life a good one.  Thank goodness he knew something besides the horror of the shelter.  He had a good life and knew someone cared about him.  

When your son is over his grief, please encourage him to bless another animal in need by trying again.  

Trusted Contributor

There are tears in my eyes reading this. My condolences to your son.

Hopefully when he is over his grief he will adopt another kitten or cat. So many need the love and attention your son wants to give a furry friend.

Esteemed Contributor

So sorry for both your son and the kitten.  I'm glad though that your son was kind enough to give that kitten a loving home for the short time they had together.

I wish that there had been a happier ending for all.  Take care and I, too, hope that your son once he has stopped grieving will be willing to open his heart & his home to another animal that needs him.

Super Contributor

I'm so sorry! 

Love is a risk, and your son won by giving a (unkown to him) dying little kitty a safe, loving home for his brief time here. Hugs to him, he's a good guy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I'm so sad for my son.  He decided to adopt a kitten from a local shelter near his home.  He did everything he thought he needed to do.  The first one he was interested in was adopted before he could make up his mind, but there was a second one that caught his attention.  My son visited the shelter a few times to make sure and finally took the little guy home a couple of months ago.  He faithfully kept his part of the adoption agreement and had the kitten to the vet for the required check ups.  The last check up was a couple of weeks ago.  At that time, they heard a heart murmur.  This morning was supposed to be the neutering operation.  I received a text saying they couldn't hear the heart murmur anymore.  About an hour later, my son called.  The little guy's heart stopped during the operation and they were unable to bring him back.  He was only 4-5 mos. old, but dearly loved for his short, little life.  Woman Sad

JeanLouiseFinch..

My heart goes out to your son on the loss of his precious kitten.

That sweet baby may have blessed the Earth with his furry presence for only a short time, but it was a time that was clearly filled with so much love and warmth from your son. God Bless him for that.

He's now being loved and cared for by a host of Angels in the  special nursery that's on the other side of The Rainbow Bridge .

Please tell me what the kitten's name was...I want to light a candle for him at the pet loss dot come site.

--------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

It breaks my heart to hear of this story! Thank goodness for your son who gave the kitten happiness and love in its short life. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I am so sorry for your son's loss. God bless him for giving that kitten a loving home for his too short life. I hope at some point he will be able to open his heart to bring home another kitty. There are so many who need a home and a new baby may ease the pain in his heart. I know it never gets any easier and the time you have an animal makes no difference, they take up a spot in your heart pretty quickly.

Respected Contributor

I am so sorry for your son's loss. I agree that he is a special person that God chose him to give this kitty a great life even though it was too short. What a blessing that the kitty knew love instead of shelter life.

doxie