Honored Contributor

What do you pet lovers (and gardeners) think of this idea, a tribute bridge to those who have crossed over?

May be an image of outdoors and text that says 'Mona Henry Isabel Liza Doo " Julie EmmyLu'

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono Having loved and been loved by many cats and sent them to heaven, I LOVE it. And for those dear ones who are no longer with us, too.

Trusted Contributor

I love that idea!  

Esteemed Contributor

It's a beautiful tribute but sad to see so many names. It is a tribute to the love of pets.

Frequent Contributor

I love it!!!  I have stepping stones and garden statues as tributes to my furry ones but none are personalized; that would be so personal and colorful.  When one of my dogs are ready to cross over to Rainbow Bridge, I tell them who will be there to great them.  Herck, I still miss the dogs from my childhood (which was way too many years ago) cause they were loved so much.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm surprised to say that I really like it.  As dearly as I've loved all my animals who have passed, I'm not one to keep their ashes or memorialize them in some way.  I don't have those plaques or stones in my garden or anything like that, but I think this is clever and I like it!

Honored Contributor

It is a sweet idea but for me it would just make me sad and wish all over again that they were here with me.

I like to think that I can be with their spirit every day, and that, you cannot see. I like to keep them in my heart I guess.

Not that someone can't do both but I hope you know what I mean.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Super Contributor

Awwww Lolakimono.....That is just about the cutest/sweetest thing I have ever seen!  A beautiful tribute indeed!

Valued Contributor

@lolakimono  I love it 😻 

Honored Contributor

I talked to one of my sons about my dog. If I go first, he'll take my dog. If my dog goes first, he'll be cremated and some of his cremains will be added to mine.  

My neighbor is an artist. She painted a beautiful portrait of my dog and gave it to me. I'll always have his sweet face.