Esteemed Contributor

A Penny For Your Thoughts, Petunia.

At 7:00 am my daughter and I were having coffee in the living room. Petunia was upstairs.  Suddenly we heard a little thunk on the top step and then again.  At the exact time we both said "now what is she bringing the stairs?"

Good Lord, she found a penny in DD's room, knocked off her bedside table, got it out of her room and was pushing it down each step. We foiled the robbery on the landing.

I said I have no human grandchildren but I have Petunia.  It's like having a furry toddler in the house.

If it's quiet the question is "Ok, it's too quiet, what's she doing?"

Happy Friday to all. this is how our day started.

Trusted Contributor

Re: A Penny For Your Thoughts, Petunia.

She earned that penny! You have to give it back. Smiley LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@pigletsmom  I felt bad because she worked hard for it.  However, if she swallowed it and ended up at the vet, it would be a whole of pennies, and P has no money of her own.

She is such a little Pill.  It's one of her nicknames too.

Trusted Contributor

They could operate and she could pay with the penny. Smiley LOL

My cat used to bat my rings off the dresser so I always left my top drawers open a little bit to catch them if I forgot to put them away. Normally he just shoved them off and ignored them. Needless to say one night I got lazy and it was the night he or his brother I guess decided to play with the ring once it dropped and it was never seen again. I thought when I moved maybe it would show itself but no such luck.

Esteemed Contributor

@pigletsmom  Isn't it amazing what catches their eye.  We got Petunia a couple of those Hexbugs things.  DD puts them on a cabinet in the LR.  Well, someone knows where they are.  She will sit in front of it, stand up and being a cat, one 3ft. jump on top of it.  Knocks the Hexbug off and walks away.  I guess she just wants us to know how smart she is.

Respected Contributor

I must admit, I am quite taken by the ongoing "Perils of Petunia"!

She sounds like a lot of fun!

Esteemed Contributor

@alicedee  Thanks, I glad you enjoy her antics. One would think she is our first cat.  She is actually #4.  It's been a long time since we had a kitten.

She came along at the right time.  DH died 4 months before we took her in and she has provided us with a lot of much needed laughter.  DH would have loved her.

Respected Contributor

@pigletsmom wrote:

They could operate and she could pay with the penny. Smiley LOL

My cat used to bat my rings off the dresser so I always left my top drawers open a little bit to catch them if I forgot to put them away. Normally he just shoved them off and ignored them. Needless to say one night I got lazy and it was the night he or his brother I guess decided to play with the ring once it dropped and it was never seen again. I thought when I moved maybe it would show itself but no such luck.

I hear ya!  Our Rocko (the Bengal cat version of Petunia) LOVED to play with/chew on metal objects like keys, metal eyeglass frames, jewelry, wrought iron chair or table legs.  I used to take off my rings and watch at my computer desk and lo and behold my diamond wedding band went missing. 

After looking under/around the extremely heavy computer armoire, it was not to be found.

As Rocko had almost weekly vet visits while we were dealing with digestive issues, we DID have him x-rayed to see if he swallowed it. Nope.

It's gotta be somewhere, maybe we'll also find it when we move.

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

@denisemb  Petunia likes to hide "her" stuff under the couch or the desk.  If something goes missing we check those places first.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   My previous cat was also an accomplished thief.  I always had to be careful where I left my rings, and if I ever couldn't find a pen, I knew to look on the floor for it.

Her biggest accomplishment was also the funniest.  Her litter box was in the basement (open spiral stairs).  I looked toward the steps and up she comes  carrying the pooper scooper crossways in her mouth.  The thing was bigger than she was at the time.  (Wish I'd gotten that video)  Cat Surprised

Keep those Petunia stories coming! 

Laura loves cats!