Trusted Contributor

I wasn't home one day when the housekeeper was here and she brought her 6 year old son.  When I got home he told me "a flamingo was on your pavers on the patio".  I said "what?".  There are no flamingo's in this neighborhood but I thought I knew what he was talking about.

So the other day we were in the dining room looking out and guess who show's up?  The so called flamingo.  It's a "rosetta spoonbill".

They are very pretty.  Here's a pic.

20230803_125557[1112] rosetta.jpg

Honored Contributor

So pretty!

Beautiful PINK color!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Just lovely!

One of my top favorite birds. How fortunate you are to have them in your neighborhood. "Pink lady" indeed - enjoy!

Trusted Contributor

Yes we are @DSD2.  Where I used to live we did have flamingo's which were on the lake on a golf course.

I'm in northern Palm Beach.  They aren't too afraid of humans either.  He put his beak up real close to the window.  I wanted to feed but thought if I opened the door would scare her away.

There are quite a few out here.  Hope she visits again. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

What a beauty. I've never ever seen that type of bird before.

Respected Contributor

@Pink123 Rosetta is a lovely specimen!   You could name her BARBIE to be politically correct,  wink wink.

Honored Contributor

We have a beautiful print of Roseate Spoonbills hanging in our living room. We bought it after we had a day of canoeing on one of the lakes in the Florida Everglades many many years ago on vacation.

One of the best vacays my husband and I had. We spent a weekend in the Glades on our way to the Keys. Rented a canoe on a quiet peaceful lake there, saw soo many different birds, small and very large. We turned a corner and there was a small island-like place with a flock of them. It was SO exciting!

What was funny about this was later, we came across a bunch of folks from the Audubon Society actually looking for Spoonbills. They hadn't seen any when we told them about the flock we ran into. They were so bummed! 

These birds are beautiful! They certainly prompted us to buy the print. 

Trusted Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

We have a beautiful print of Roseate Spoonbills hanging in our living room. We bought it after we had a day of canoeing on one of the lakes in the Florida Everglades many many years ago on vacation.

One of the best vacays my husband and I had. We spent a weekend in the Glades on our way to the Keys. Rented a canoe on a quiet peaceful lake there, saw soo many different birds, small and very large. We turned a corner and there was a small island-like place with a flock of them. It was SO exciting!

What was funny about this was later, we came across a bunch of folks from the Audubon Society actually looking for Spoonbills. They hadn't seen any when we told them about the flock we ran into. They were so bummed! 

These birds are beautiful! They certainly prompted us to buy the print. 

@PINKdogWOOD  How beautiful that flock must have been!

Respected Contributor

Gorgeous bird, nature is wonderful... Heart