Esteemed Contributor

I'm trying to get a pic but the little guy or girl is having none of it.  The minute you open the door kitty goes flying off the porch.

Calico with a stub tail.   Kitten is a clone of Mom down to the stub tail. It looks like Mom got wet and shrunk. Very cute.

We haven't had a kittten in quite awhile since we managed to nab a 3 or 4 of the strays and get them spayed or neutered.

We don't name them but refer to them by description.  Mom is Stub, Stubby or Stubbers.  Kitten is Stub 2.0 for now.

Honored Contributor

If it's a calico, wouldn't it most assuredly be a "she"?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624   That was my thought too.  Hopefully we will get a chance to "check under the hood to be 100% sure".

She does not like us even though she sure likes the food, water and toys we took out for her.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..............

Sweet baby bobtail!!!

Both of mine are bobtails too. Both rescues, different years & circumstances.

I often wonder how it happened to them but will never know I suppose.

One good thing is I don't have to worry about being careful not to step on a cat tail 'cause there aren't any LOL!!!

Best of luck to you & the sweet baby!!!

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2    Too bad you couldn't have gotten your hands on her before she became feral.  It may be a lost cause at this point.  She sounds cute.  Is anyone able to rehab a feral cat?

Respected Contributor

Re: A New Outside Kitten

[ Edited ]

Oh I hope the new kitten will be an indoor kitty and not live outside.

She sounds so cute! As my vet says" nothing good ever happens to a cat left outside to roam, so I hope she finds a home or you can adopt her! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624   She is only a few weeks old.  From day one you couldn't get near her.

It's funny, over the years most are like the calico and won't come her us.  A few got brave after awhile and realized they liked being petted and fussed over.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  Sounds like Spitfire would be a good name for her.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 , sounds like you have a manx. They are bobtailed. Hopefully, you can tame it down at least to have it fixed. My sister is trapping in her feral colony now. They tend to multiply quickly. Good luck. Sounds like a cutie.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2    Too bad you couldn't have gotten your hands on her before she became feral.  It may be a lost cause at this point.  She sounds cute.  Is anyone able to rehab a feral cat?

We have. A little female showed up at our house crying for something to eat. I did feed her but she wouldn't let us near her. Finely we trapped her in the garage until we could get her fixed and get all her needed shots and chipped. Fast forward to today and she's just the sweetest little cat that we have ever had. She doesn't roam at all and if your outside it's hard to walk as she is always wants to lay at your feet wanting to be petted. Right now we are working to get a beautiful black male, trying to get him to trust us enough so we can get him neutered.Right now he will come closer to us rather running away as soon as he sees us.  Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later!