Honored Contributor

Re: A MISTAKE ANYONE COULD MAKE ...

My husband worked the midnight shift as a police officer and would come home to use the bathroom and raid the fridge. He would eat whatever was in there without asking if it belonged to anyone and if they wanted it. 

One night my daughter woke me up in the middle of the night and said her hamster had died.  I told her we would bury it in the morning and to put it in the cold garage for the night.

She wrapped him up in a paper towel, then aluminum foil and hid him in the spare fridge in the garage.

The next morning DH asked me who put a rat in the fridge.  He thought it was a hoagie sandwich and went to eat it....even tho it was hidden, he found it in the middle of the night.

It was sad and hysterically funny too.  I told this story on HSN's forum quite a few years ago and won a $25 gift certificate.

He ate everyone's packed lunch at night on the sly.  He got what he deserved.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie   Poor hammy almost became a hoagie!🙀

Respected Contributor

Well, tongight's the night I can identify with many of the stories.  The BF usually gets up between 1-2 to go to work, but slept later tonight. They husky came running into the bedroom and woke me 2 hours after I fell asleep........ran out of the room, through his dog door and proceeded to bark at something in the yard for about 15 min.  

Finally got dressed, flashlight in hand, and went outside to find nothing. Came back in and he wanted to play. Went back to bed, on my tablet, and he comes in again.  I grabbed his brush - which he hates - and he took off. LOL 

So I raided the frig for leftovers and am still up. 

Honored Contributor