Honored Contributor

A LETTER FROM MY CAT IN HEAVEN

I've come across some rather comforting thoughts and written pieces about our fur babies crossing the Rainbow Bridge.

I'm sharing one I've never seen before .....  it's written to be from anyone's cat, but the sentiment is rather interesting:

A Letter From My Cat in Heaven.   Heart

♡ Letter from Heaven The thing about life is that there is always an end. When you love something or someone, it’s hard to comprehend the idea of that loss someday. I guess you didn’t want to admit it. I didn’t want to admit it either. I didn’t feel well at the time, but I feel strong again up here. I know that you now feel weak, but you have to build yourself up again.

Remove the rubble from your foundation and rebuild. You provided a home for me, a place of safety; something many animals don’t have the luck of experiencing.Thank you. People used to joke that I was like your baby, always being held and nurtured until perfectly soothed. Babies always grow up. Think of it like that; I have only grown up and moved away to start a new beginning.I still chase daylight while enjoying a nap or two, by the way. Nothing has changed, just grown.

I should probably take this time to apologize for all the furniture I scratched up throughout my life with you. The couch was just so perfect for my paws, I couldn’t resist! The furniture was almost as tempting to play with as your hair and shoelaces, but I figured you would like to be included in the fun too. Oh, and sorry for finding the toilet paper too exciting and unrolling it when you weren’t looking.

Thank you for blessing me with love. I know I am beyond lucky to have gotten you as my angel. ~

Lots of love from the other side of the bridge, your best friend. 

Respected Contributor

Re: A LETTER FROM MY CAT IN HEAVEN

Thank you for posting this.  I know it's directed at cat owners but could also be a pertinent for the loss of any species of our beloved pets.  

It's a beautiful sentiment and I hope that it gives comfort to anyone who has lost a pet.  

The sentence of "thank you for blessing me with love" brought tears to my eyes because I always think of the many species of animals who never get to know any love in this world.  

Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl 

Usually the sentiment is written from a beloved pet crossing the Rainbow Bridge. 

This is different ... to let their human know they are okay.  How sweet!  Heart

I found it very touching and thought others would, also.

Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl wrote:

Thank you for posting this.  I know it's directed at cat owners but could also be a pertinent for the loss of any species of our beloved pets.  

It's a beautiful sentiment and I hope that it gives comfort to anyone who has lost a pet.  

The sentence of "thank you for blessing me with love" brought tears to my eyes because I always think of the many species of animals who never get to know any love in this world.  

@J Town Girl 

The only thing wrong is that our fur babies never live long enough ....  Heart