Valued Contributor

A Holiday thank you to our pets,

[ Edited ]

You have no idea how you have changed our lives, with your beautiful souls you see beyond our short comings and our flaws.You look at us with new eyes everyday, you become our reason to be a better person. How did we ever live without you?You are silly and sweet, the reason we rush back home, you make  us sad to leave. WE have cried  a million tears and you  listened to our fears, danced with us  in joy..You are the perfect gift,the perfect soul,you sparkle like a diamond,we would walk through fire for you..You are the epitome of Holiday and love..You make each day Christmas  with your pure love.You are love...Thank you for it all, when your days are done you will live forever in me,for you have had your little heart entwined with mine...MaryAnne

Honored Contributor

Re: A Holiday thank you to our pets,

That was beautiful Mary Anne.  I feel the same way but never could have put it so eloquently.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

@Still keeper of the koi wrote:

You have no idea how you have changed our lives, with your beautiful souls you see beyond our short comings and our flaws.You look at us with new eyes everyday, you become our reason to be a better person. How did we ever live without you?You are silly and sweet, the reason we rush back home, you make  us sad to leave. WE have cried  a million tears and you  listened to our fears, danced with us  in joy..You are the perfect gift,the perfect soul,you sparkle like a diamond,we would walk through fire for you..You are the epitome of Holiday and love..You make each day Christmas  with your pure love.You are love...Thank you for it all, when your days are done you will live forever in me,for you have had your little heart entwined with mine...MaryAnne

Beautiful...I so agree..I just wish they could live with us throughout our entire lives, but then I guess we wouldn’t get a chance to love another pet that’s on this earth...thank you for this wonderful tribute 🐱🐶🐰🐴

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Super Contributor

Considering my very recent loss, your words are priceless! This is exactly how I felt about my sweet, little Shiloh and how I still feel about my precious chiweenie, Coal! Thank you for this gift.

Regular Contributor

Yes I totally agree with all the posts. Our pets are so precious. I too rush home to be with mine!!! ❤️❤️🐾🐾🐾

Super Contributor

Dearest person who wrote this,

I am a fairly new poster on here.  But I was so moved by what you wrote, I had to say something.  Nothing has touched my heart as this....since I lost my best friend this past May.  My beloved Ginger.  There is no one other than my Lord that knows how sad and lonely I have been without her.  No one in my family understands me, or how I feel towards animals.  I care about all of them.  It is my soul. 

You are the first person that explained in detail how I felt about her and what she did for me for 12 years.  My family turned away from me, she was there for me.  She filled in places in my heart that no human could do.  My daughter moved away.  She made it more bearable.  I even went to a special spot (400 miles away) that she and I stood at on the banks of a river in the NC mts.....just to be where we once stood together.  I told her that mommy will never forget her.  I used to sit in the closet with her during thunderstorms because she was so afraid.   I just wanted to thank you for being another human being that knows the depths of love we feel for our pets.