Super Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Veridoc wrote:

I have said many times we humans can learn a lot from dogs. They give unconditional love and companionship. I could walk to the mailbox or take out trash and when I come back in the house my dog is so excited to see me you would think I had been gone for a year. They aren't just dogs. They are our fur babies.

@Veridoc  ITA. My dogs never have a bad day. It’s as if they’re here to make my days better.

*** I see by the time you’re posting, you can’t sleep 💤 either. 

Funny you should mention that. We had a very bad storm here and my dog was waiting at my bedroom door to invite him. He was so happy. I was wide awake by then.

Esteemed Contributor

Aw, thanks for the reminder of how wonderful and loving our dogs are.  I've had a puppy since late April and she's really trying my patience.  Some days she exhausts me.  I just have to keep reminding myself that, eventually, she will become the wonderful dog that my 3 year old is.  (He was quite the pistol at her age too!)

Respected Contributor

Haha, my dog is doing the same thing right now too. He just always wants to be near me. Can get annoying sometimes. LOL

Trusted Contributor

love it.  i am going to copy it and post it on my front door

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

Aw, thanks for the reminder of how wonderful and loving our dogs are.  I've had a puppy since late April and she's really trying my patience.  Some days she exhausts me.  I just have to keep reminding myself that, eventually, she will become the wonderful dog that my 3 year old is.  (He was quite the pistol at her age too!)

@Citrine1  Your puppy sounds like Molly, now 5. We got her from same beagle breeder as Sadie and Sophie before her...both calm & even tempered. Molly was hell on wheels until 3 and finally calmed down after years of private & group training. Now she’s following me everywhere I go and loves being cuddled. Pistol is putting it mildly. Molly chewed up sofas & a chair before we caught her. There is hope...puppies are a lot of work, but the payoff is worth it.

Super Contributor

Re: A DOG’S LOVE

[ Edited ]

@Citrine1 @Shanus 

And I thank you both for the reminder of what I am missing.  

I have a 14 month old puppy that has not chewed on anything!   She doesn't run around.  She doesn't destroy things .   

On the other hand, she has almost died of anemia of unknown causes, has had severe diarrhea from unknown causes, has severe allergies of unknown causes, and a temporary (I hope) orthopedic problem.  She can't go out and run like a puppy without being in pain.  Oh, and did I mention serious anxiety issues and resource guarding?  

For months I have been wishing I had a 'normal' puppy .....  but you have reminded me that 'normal' puppies have issues too.  

Honored Contributor

@juanitalinda wrote:

@Citrine1 @Shanus 

And I thank you both for the reminder of what I am missing.  

I have a 14 month old puppy that has not chewed on anything!   She doesn't run around.  She doesn't destroy things .   

On the other hand, she has almost died of anemia of unknown causes, has had severe diarrhea from unknown causes, has severe allergies of unknown causes, and a temporary (I hope) orthopedic problem.  She can't go out and run like a puppy without being in pain.  Oh, and did I mention serious anxiety issues and resource guarding?  

For months I have been wishing I had a 'normal' puppy .....  but you have reminded me that 'normal' puppies have issues too.  

@juanitalinda  So sorry your pup has such issues. Heartbreaking. Molly’s still on Prosac for separation anxiety  since age 1 and at 5 is just now down to 1/2 dose & doing well. Keep the faith. 💕

Super Contributor

@Shanus 

That is good to know.  Right now the CBD oil is managing the anxiety fairly well, but it is great to have  other good options. 

Contributor

All of our four-legged children are amazing! And you’re never alone during the good times and the sad times. They are always by our side . To walk beside us on this journey.5820BEF3-83F2-4AAA-8523-448C597D6939.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the words of encouragement @Shanus!  Glad your Molly has finally settled down.