Esteemed Contributor

This morning, like many others, my poor old Tess sat by her bowl verbally giving us what for, accompanied by a look that would kill.

Our crime, there was a dime size spot on the bottom of the bowl with no food.  Never mind the substanial amount of food surrounding the aforementioned tiny speck of empty space.

Me:  God, you're bossy. What is your issue?  There is lots of food there.  You don't need more besides the vet said you're kind of a chonk and you need to lose weight.

She continued to yap and yowl as I scratched her head and then went for coffee. 

What's your cat's idea of empty.

Respected Contributor

Sometimes my kitty will sit by her full bowl of kibble, and ask for more.  I then pretend to place more in the bowl, and she is satisfied.  Crazy, I know.  I created a monster.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 -

So funny!

Mine was if the bowl was half full, there was a problem.

She would sit and stare at the bowl mournfully as if she was being starved. So sometimes I would refresh her bowl by adding a little water and warming it.

But there was nothing I wouldn't do for her, even if it made no sense!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

My little one will not eat her kibble unless the bowl is completely full.

She will come find me, cry like crazy, going running to her bowl like follow me, follow me, follow me.

She looks at it (it’s half or three quarters full) like it’s empty & she has been starved for days & days.

Funny thing she was a rescue I found behind my work by the railroad tracks so it’s not like she was born into royalty!

Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper -

Isn't it strange how cats do this?!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

My little one will not eat her kibble unless the bowl is completely full.

She will come find me, cry like crazy, going running to her bowl like follow me, follow me, follow me.

She looks at it (it’s half or three quarters full) like it’s empty & she has been starved for days & days.

Funny thing she was a rescue I found behind my work by the railroad tracks so it’s not like she was born into royalty!

Ha! You could buy increasingly smaller bowls and just keep putting the old food into a smaller bowl. 

Respected Contributor

Re: A Cat's Idea Of Empty.

[ Edited ]

Strange - our cats never complained about an empty food dish...

cimg0216.jpg

Only DH and the cats thought this was funny- I was doin' real good keeping them off countertops until this!

About a months worth of homemade raw diet from recipe at catnutrition.org.

Denise
Respected Contributor

My cats are great. Unless their bowl is competely empty, they don't bother me.

Respected Contributor

Actually, my cat doesn't complain about her bowl being empty. But she does have the utterly weird way of meowing loudly to make sure we know she finished her meal.

We adopted her 13 months ago; she's 17 years old and a real character Woman Happy