Honored Contributor

🎆 4th of July 🎆 and Lost Pets

Image may contain: text

Respected Contributor

Re: 🎆 4th of July 🎆 and Lost Pets

Great tips!   Also Don't let the dog eat the Corn Cobs!  They are a common cause of intestinal obstruction in dogs.  And dogs have been known to eat the gravel under the grill because meat grease and juices have dripped on them.

Honored Contributor

I have to give my dog meds as she gets so scared with all the noise.  First dog I have ever had with this issue.  Maybe this year will be better--hope so.  Fire works are illegal here, but it still goes on and sometimes for a few nights before and after the 4th.

Honored Contributor

I stay with my baby.  I've had enough boring informal cocktail parties and spending the evening making small talk and eating cheese balls.  It was always something to "get through".

I'd prefer to be with the "baby"!

Esteemed Contributor

@Daysdee  I use a thunder coat for my dog, in a few minutes he calms down and is sleeping. 

Honored Contributor

Love the puppy and the not-so-common tips.  My little guy could care less about the fireworks.  He'll be on the bed with his usual belly up to the ceiling fan.  Noise...what noise.....as long as mom and dad are at his side all is well in his world.  

Honored Contributor

I would go even further and say keep your dog inside on the 4th of July and any time there are fireworks.  A scared dog can get out of a fence and run away.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau