Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Scooby Doo wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Scooby Doo

Were you familiar with terriers before you adopted her?

It upsets me when I see all the commercials featuring West Highland White Terriers. While they look like charming, fluffy, little lap dogs they are little workers that need mental and physical stimulation ...

I played ball with her all the time, and took her on walks.  She had the run of a big yard and lots of cats to annoy.

I didn't know that she would be such a biter.  I had black and blue places all over from her biting.  I couldn't walk without her biting my big toe and hanging on, she would run toward me and jump and bite my inner thigh, she'd run up behind me and bite my butt.

She hurt me constantly and I couldn't train her otherwise.  I'm too old for that stuff.

@Scooby Doo

Wow! That sounds awful and definitely above and beyond boredom!

@Andreatoo  I'd say she considered you to be prey.   Just be glad she wasn't a wolf. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Scooby Doo wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Scooby Doo

Were you familiar with terriers before you adopted her?

It upsets me when I see all the commercials featuring West Highland White Terriers. While they look like charming, fluffy, little lap dogs they are little workers that need mental and physical stimulation ...

I played ball with her all the time, and took her on walks.  She had the run of a big yard and lots of cats to annoy.

I didn't know that she would be such a biter.  I had black and blue places all over from her biting.  I couldn't walk without her biting my big toe and hanging on, she would run toward me and jump and bite my inner thigh, she'd run up behind me and bite my butt.

She hurt me constantly and I couldn't train her otherwise.  I'm too old for that stuff.

@Scooby Doo

Wow! That sounds awful and definitely above and beyond boredom!

@Andreatoo  I'd say she considered you to be prey.   Just be glad she wasn't a wolf. 

Six months after she left I went to the shelter and adopted an 8 yr old pom that doesn't have any teeth.  Because of that her tongue always hangs out the side of her mouth.  But she's the perfect dog for many reasons. 

Respected Contributor

We had a pretty calico cat once named Holly that loved those plastic grocery bags to wear as a cape! As I'd unpack the groceries and throw the empty bags on the floor, she'd swoop by, tuck her head under one of the handles and dart off with the handle around her neck and the bag flying behind her, like a cape! She'd run all over the house, up and down the stairs and everywhere, thinking she was Super Cat! LOL She'd do this every time I came home with groceries!

Honored Contributor
@Texasmouse
Lol
I have a picture on my phone that I've been trying to figure out how to post in a thread but have yet to be successful. It's my son's cat. He was taking apart plastic game pieces for a new board game and his cat found the piece less the game pieces and stuck her head through one of the giant holes she came into the living room and sat in front of David and his roommate looking like she did it on purpose! It's the funniest thing you've ever seen! It frames her whole head like a mane and the expression on her face is priceless. " what do you think? Does it look good?"
Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo

LOL!

They can be such clowns! 😁

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo

BTW, that Siamese cat in your avatar is beyond gorgeous! If we ever get another cat, I want a Siamese! I almost brought home a Siamese mix kitten that was up for adoption at one of those mobile sites but when I saw him(and held him!) I was on my lunch hour and had to go back to work. When I left for the day, they had already packed up and left. 😔

Honored Contributor
@Texasmouse
I grew up with Siamese cats but the last two that I've adopted have been discards. I had an elderly one prior to this one that was dumped in our condo parking lot deaf with no teeth! When I finally took her in I took her to the vet only to find out she was very elderly. She died shortly afterwards but made such an enormous impact on our lives! I named her Olivia and I will never forget her. She was a four and a half pound Blue Point. The one I have now is Sophie and she treats me like the help LOL. I adopted her from Animal Control. She sitting in my lap right now and she is quite a character! She always tries to lure us into a rousing game of chase me just when we're leaving the house. She hates it when we go out
Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo

I have found that MOST cats treat us like we're the "help" and they simply allow us to live with them...Lol.

I've heard many stories about Siamese cats and they really do sound like they have purrsonality plus! 

Honored Contributor
@Texasmouse
They're really really into their people! And if you like peace and quiet don't get a Siamese LOL they're extremely vocal. Did you know that meowing is strictly for communication with humans? Well the Siamese have plenty to tell you!
Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:
@Texasmouse
They're really really into their people! And if you like peace and quiet don't get a Siamese LOL they're extremely vocal. Did you know that meowing is strictly for communication with humans? Well the Siamese have plenty to tell you!

@Andreatoo@Texasmouse  My Al is the most "communicating" cat I've ever had.  I've always encouraged my cats to "talk" to me, but Al never needed any coaxing.  My first meeting with him was when he was barely 6-weeks old.  He was literally handed to me by my girlfriend (he was from a feral family) and he was wailing like a colicky baby.  It was his first time away from his mom and siblings, so whenever he couldn't see me (maybe around a corner), he'd cry and I call out to him so he could find me!  He's 1-1/2 years old now, and he still whines like a kid who wants a piece of candy!

Laura loves cats!