Honored Contributor

Back in my smoking days,  I had a cat that would for hours retrieve twisted cigarette packages.   I'd throw,  he'd bring them right back to me. 

My dogs have foisted all manner of things but the worst is my female collie,  Bree,  now 12 years old.   She has always loved anything metallic and has totally destroyed umpteen pieces of silver jewelry,  some expensive pieces.   When I find them they're so mangled,  I can't even tell what they were.   I catch her licking the handles on the kitchen cabinets,  trim on luggage... anything metal. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Scooby Doo

Were you familiar with terriers before you adopted her?

It upsets me when I see all the commercials featuring West Highland White Terriers. While they look like charming, fluffy, little lap dogs they are little workers that need mental and physical stimulation ...

Respected Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

My yorkshire terrorist was alone in the living room while I was watching TV one night.  When I came upstairs, she had found the corner of newly installed and painted dry wall and peeled the paper off, then proceeded to scratch at the exposed wall, about 8 X 10 inches. 

She and her naughty teeth have gone to live elsewhere.  Couldn't keep up with her shenanigans.

@Scooby Doo  OMG!  Chewing and scratching are the worst.  I just love your name.....Yorkshire Terrorist!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

Yesterday morning my husband was in the bathroom taking care of business....when Fiona my sweet wonderful tabby strolled in, jumped on the counter, picked out a lipstick and deftly knocked in onto the floor. She then jumped down and swatted it to the doorway. Well there's a half inch door jamb so after a couple of unsuccessful vollies she apparently gave it some thought and with a lifting motion flicked her loot up over the door jamb!

When my DH finished his ..ahem... business he found her under the bed with the lipstick between her paws! lol When he came in to the living room to relay the story she ran in after him and started performing 'look at me I'm so cute!' as if to distract him from telling me.

On another occasion we were at a friends house, sitting in the backyard chatting. Our friend Fernando's Basset Hound Brandy was hanging out with us. Now this is no quiet wallflower, you know shes there! My purse was on the ground at my feet...suddenly Brandy quietly trots off around the side of the house ...'She's got your phone' !!!! lol

Any other stories of thieving pets to share?

@Andreatoo

What a hoot!    Woman LOL

For the past week, I have had all my wrapping stuff out in assembly line fashion.   When I pulled out the rolls of bubble wrap, my cat Bogey zeroed in on it.   (Last year he chewed on a large sheet of bubble wrap for days!)

The next thing I know, he has this roll gripped in his mouth and is scurrying out of the room like the police are chasing him!    Not sure where he wants to hide with his new toy, he's going from room to room ....  all the time looking like he's carrying a barbell in his mouth, lol.  Heart

Fortunately, I got several rolls at the dollar store, so I wasn't going to be short.  

Well, Bogey is still enjoying his dollar store bubble wrap roll ....  this is Day Five.   When I think of what I've spent on cat toys in the past  .... for a buck, this was a real deal!  LOL    Woman LOL

@Tinkrbl44  Ain't that the truth!  Cat toys are so expensive, and they get bored with them quickly.  I finally figured out Al could have way more fun with a used bag, hunk of plastic, or a rubber band!

@2blonde

Oh, here's a few other things ....  my cat loves to play with drinking straws, styrofoam packing peanuts, and the old classic ...  string!   LOL

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  String can be dangerous and require expensive surgery if swallowed. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Back in my smoking days,  I had a cat that would for hours retrieve twisted cigarette packages.   I'd throw,  he'd bring them right back to me. 

My dogs have foisted all manner of things but the worst is my female collie,  Bree,  now 12 years old.   She has always loved anything metallic and has totally destroyed umpteen pieces of silver jewelry,  some expensive pieces.   When I find them they're so mangled,  I can't even tell what they were.   I catch her licking the handles on the kitchen cabinets,  trim on luggage... anything metal. 

@Kachina624  That's funny about the cigarette packs.  Way back when I was married to a smoker, I had a cat like that.  As soon as she heard you crumpling up that pack into a ball, she'd come running, ready to play fetch!  The guy I have now brings me rubber bands in his mouth, drops them in front of me on the sofa, and waits for me to toss them into the air.  He loves to jump (the higher the better) to grab them, then bring them back for more!

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  Yes........I learned when Al was a little tyke that an old shoe lace with a small loop tied at the end was a great entertainment tool!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44  String can be dangerous and require expensive surgery if swallowed. 

@Kachina624

Yes, I did know that.   I meant that he'll grab it to play with if he sees it, but I take it away from him.   Last week he grabbed a shoelace, but it got caught on a piece of furniture so he was off to hunt for other objects!  lol

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Scooby Doo

It upsets me when I see all the commercials featuring West Highland White Terriers. While they look like charming, fluffy, little lap dogs they are little workers that need mental and physical stimulation ...

I played ball with her all the time, and took her on walks.  She had the run of a big yard and lots of cats to annoy.

I didn't know that she would be such a biter.  I had black and blue places all over from her biting.  I couldn't walk without her biting my big toe and hanging on, she would run toward me and jump and bite my inner thigh, she'd run up behind me and bite my butt.

She hurt me constantly and I couldn't train her otherwise.  I'm too old for that stuff.

Honored Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Scooby Doo

I played ball with her all the time, and took her on walks.  She had the run of a big yard and lots of cats to annoy.

I didn't know that she would be such a biter.  I had black and blue places all over from her biting.  I couldn't walk without her biting my big toe and hanging on, she would run toward me and jump and bite my inner thigh, she'd run up behind me and bite my butt.

She hurt me constantly and I couldn't train her otherwise.  I'm too old for that stuff.

@Scooby Doo

Wow! That sounds awful and definitely above and beyond boredom!