Valued Contributor

37 turkey babies...

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

All those precious little baby turks....please don't tell me that they will eventually be slaughtered Smiley MadSmiley MadSmiley Mad  All animals have feelings...

Valued Contributor

@phoenixbrd,nope illegal to hunt,conservation effort.We run animal rescue, someone might find themselves on the wrong end of hunting!We save animals from food chain and crultey cases..wrong place to hunt!With grace these little  babies will start there own groups.Nice part of having lots of property, protection...We all think alike my dear heart...Hugs,MaryAnne

Honored Contributor

Re: 37 turkey babies...

[ Edited ]
Esteemed Contributor

I have many wild turkeys in my yard.  They live in the woods.  And, recently had some babies - who have really grown up so fast!

In the bad weather, I feed the wildlife cheerios.  The turkeys will come and wait at my back gate if I forget (they come for breakfast and supper when the ground is snow-covered,)

The neighbor across the street buys day-old bread for them.  The rest of the neighborhood probably thinks we're a couple of crazy old ladies, but the way I look at it we're all on this planet to help one another.  In fact early one morning this spring - very, very early - a turkey woke me up.  Guess it could tell I was awake 'cause stopped the racket after I got out of bed.  Heard weird noise in house.  Checked the main floor, upstairs and finally downstairs.  The main waterline sprung a leak flooding the workshop, part of the family room and some of the laundry room.  That turkey's waking me up was a godsend!  See, we help each other out.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme  Thanks for sharing that life-affirming story and having such an open heart.  

Valued Contributor

R e: 37 turkey babies...

[ Edited ]

@eddyandme,We are tightly connected to those around us animal as well as human. They have rhythm and vibrations like us

One only has to look into animal eyes and know we are very much alike.I like to believe we balance each other. We need only to look around us to see the worlds state. Blessed are you to see the love around you.You must be a very kind person .I  hope you find more connections with animals, bless you.Hugs,Maryanne  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: R e: 37 turkey babies...

@Still keeper of the koi wrote:

@eddyandme,We are tightly connected to those around us animal as well as human. They have rhythm and vibrations like us

One only has to look into animal eyes and know we are very much alike.I like to believe we balance each other. We need only to look around us to see the worlds state. Blessed are you to see the love around you.You must be a very kind person .I  hope you find more connections with animals, bless you.Hugs,Maryanne  

Thanks, Maryanne.  I've always been close to animals.  Saved two birds, one a teenager, the other a babe.  Have broken up a dogfight just by talking to them.  Also talk to the animals.  We can communicate with or without "words" - we get our messages acrossWoman Happy!

Respected Contributor

Re: R e: 37 turkey babies...

@Still keeper of the koi

I am not seeing any turkey babies. I do have some wild turkeys that visit and they are interesting.

doxie

Honored Contributor

Re: 37 turkey babies...

[ Edited ]

Was there a picture?  The first post is blank.  Right now it's 11:00 a.m. Pacific time.

However, the subject reminds me of the PBS show about the fellow who raised a number of young turkeys and the show followed them into young adulthood.  The most fascinating part was the distinctive personalities that emerged.  I so love seeing individuality that is sometimes dismissed by those who don't "get" animals and who might think one turkey (or any other animal) is just like another.  

@Still keeper of the koi

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.