Respected Contributor

Re: 3 1/2 mo. old pup left in frigid weather

@Carmie wrote:

I don't know how people can be so heartless.

Here in PA abput 2 weeks ago, somone left an older male dog by the side of a well traveled road with his bed.

He was found frozen to death stll in his bed. They beleive he was alive when he was placed there.

There were even pictures of this poor pup on our news stations showing him frozen to death.  They are still trying to identify him and his owner.

It was bitter cold here in Pa 2 weeks ago. I just don't understand why people do this. Why get an animal when you don't want to care for them for their entire life. They are part of your family once you get them and should be treated as such.

I do hope they find who did this. I hate hearing the things people do to pets.

Up till our last 3 dogs all have been rescues.

I can't imagine that poor dog suffering like that, breaks my heart.

Well, last 2 we really inherited when they were 8 and 9 since my best friend had lung cancer and given 30 days and her kids were going to put them down. She asked us to take them which of course we did, much better than the alternative. We lost the last one at 13 1/2 last month due to a lot of medical conditions she had all her life. The other we lost a few years ago due to total kidney failure but the vet said this last one he didn't think would live to see 10 so, we were very lucky to have her live to be almost 14.

I really don't know why some people get a pet to start with, they are family, not throw aways.