Honored Contributor

2021 World Press Photo Contest: Horse Visits Owner Dying.....

....of cancer.

So poignant and why some of us love animals so much.Heart

Title: Doctor Peyo and Mister Hassen by Jeremy Lempin, France. Manon, 24, who is suffering from metastatic cancer, embraces her seven-year-old son Ethan. Her horse Peyo is also brought into her room to recreate her life while she is dying. Curator Rodrigo Orrantia, said about this year's entries: 'I think what stood out the most was the variety of approaches to visual storytelling'

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: 2021 World Press Photo Contest: Horse Visits Owner Dying.....

That is beautiful, amazing, and so sad...for all in the photograph.

Honored Contributor

The last time I was hospitalized, when I had my knee replacement, a couple of women came to my room with two Rottweiler therapy dogs.  I was in pain and feeling despondent.  I can't tell you how much being able to pet and talk to those dogs meant to me.  I'll never forget them.  A horse would have been great too. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 I agree wholeheartedly!

Regardless of which kind of animal it is, their love and desire to nurture us humans is undying.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I went to the dentist yesterday... for a THREE HOUR visit!  (Prepping 4 teeth for veneers and a crown)  Oh, how I wished I could have brought my Golden Retriever with me.  She just would have laid on my chest and comforted me.  Fortunately, the dentist was VERY nice and that helped a lot.  He told me, though, that there's an orthodontist in town who brings his Goldens and Labs into the office to support and comfort the kids.  What a great idea!  💖

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

@spent2much 

I'm sure that while your dental work was being done, you probably closed your eyes and imagined your precious golden comforting you.

She surely would have been there if they could.Heart

Esteemed Contributor

This actually took my breath away. How beautiful is this moment? We truly do not deserve animals. ❤️😢

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, how that picture just grabs your heart.

Back during the days when I volunteered on a skilled nursing unit in a residence for the elderly, the therapy animals who came in were a complete delight to residents.  I know there are strict requirements for these animals and training by their guardians, but doing this service is a blessing beyond measure.

Honored Contributor

What a heartbreaking but one of a kind precious and beautiful moment.

I think many can understand how much this must have meant-to all of themSmiley HappyHeart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

When I got my first root canal, I was a nervous wreak. The endodontist had his old dog at the office. He said she was old and he could not leave her home. Her name was Rosie. As I was having the dental work done, Rosie laid under the chair and having her there, I could hear her breath and it comforted me. 

The next year I went back and he had a large photo and sweet message about Rosie in the waiting room. She had gone to the rainbow bridge. It turns out he is a real animal lover. He has bird feeders outside all the windows. He has the dental chairs facing the windows so you can watch the birds eat.