Valued Contributor

Re: 13 Rescue Dogs Going Home for the First Time...

Cuteness overload @3DogMom!!  I love the expression on that first golden's face... so innocent and true.  And I also love that little kitty who found a cozy spot under her friend's big floppy ear!

Respected Contributor

@AliJoi5 wrote:

Gorgeous girl @hoosieroriginal!  There was a greyhound track a few towns over for many, many years.  Finally it was sold, and the greyhounds that could be saved were placed with families.  We were all so relieved the torment was over!  I can't speak for other tracks, but at this particular track they were shooting these poor animals up with so much dope, it's a miracle any of them survived and were able to become the loving pets they are today.  Talk about resilient!  Thanks for posting that beautiful shot of Story!

AliJoi5:  The greyhounds deserve a good life - I worked with the greyhound rescue two years before I adopted because I had two old dogs that would not accept any other dogs.  I enjoyed the greys at the meet and greets so much - I would take them for walks and could just see in their eyes how much they needed a good home.  When my boy dog died in June, I got Story and she has been such a blessing and gets along great with my old girl.  They love each other and she's just such a good dog.  I got really lucky.  She's really opening up - now goes outside and just runs laps around the backyard (about 3/4 acre - fenced) and just has a ball.  I can't wait till it snows - she's never seen snow before!

Respected Contributor

@azgal wrote:

Beautiful dog.

Azgal - thank you - she is just as sweet as she is beautiful - her eyes melt my heart. 

Valued Contributor

What a happy ending hoosier!!  Paw Prints  Thank you for sharing Story's story!!  Slightly Smiling Face

Esteemed Contributor

@3DogMom, what great pictures! That's what I love about these boards, I see so many things that I would have missed in my ordinary life. Don't know if you've seen it, but I posted a pic of my Golden and kitty together on the Dog Smiling thread. Those two loved each other so much, always so cute to see kitty trying to wash puppy's face!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
New Contributor

Story is beautiful!!  We, too, have a gorgeous black greyhound girl that was rescued from the track in Caliente when she was two.  Greyhounds are the best dogs in the world.  After all they've been through, they still are able to trust and love.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for sharing @californiaqvc and welcome to the boards!!  Slightly Smiling FaceWaving Hand Sign

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Awwwwww sooo happy to see this! Such lucky doggies. I wish all dogs in shelters got to go home. Thanks for sharing such a happy post. All those pups are beautiful.

Respected Contributor

@californiaqvc - yes, greyhounds are just wonderful!  I had always wanted one but was actually turned down in California  (told I had to put in new back stairs, put down carpet (this was 20 years ago), and went and adopted a shepherd/schnauzer and a pharaoh hound.  My shepherd died in June and my pharaoh hound is 14 1/2 and I was afraid of losing her too, so three days before my boy died, I got Story.  She and Sedona are great friends now.  I'm blessed to have her in my life.  She's so silly!