Super Contributor

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone had a great weekend! 

I was in LA this weekend, so stopped by the salon to say hello to Nick.  He told me that he will be on Tuesday Night Beauty both this week and next (May 24 and May 31). 

I thought I'd pass that along to those to who want to watch or set the DVR.  Smiley Happy

Wishing all of you a great week!

Janice

Esteemed Contributor

@JanCA wrote:

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone had a great weekend! 

I was in LA this weekend, so stopped by the salon to say hello to Nick.  He told me that he will be on Tuesday Night Beauty both this week and next (May 24 and May 31). 

I thought I'd pass that along to those to who want to watch or set the DVR.  Smiley Happy

Wishing all of you a great week!

Janice

@JanCA  ,,,,,"and did you tell him that I was ready for my hair close up"......? I should have 'the' serum and spray (new) mousse that should be here by Monday. 

The hydration spray and Mesquite refreshing mist/ the shampoo & condition is better than volume infused _anything_. I tried the old version of the spray (white flocker) and have a new relationship with it again. Two new cans.

I thought I can and will (without any names)send a photo. He'll hopefully tell me _I have the cut for you_.........

'talkin' to me Woman Wink

Had a great weekend but still don't know about the shark tank you so easily are involved in. 

You look adorable...what can I say~

Oh, had a Thursday's shopping trip with husband, Now that was inter RESTING ~!~

'will be there for the 24th and possibly the 31st' 

thanks a million......

NAES

Super Contributor

Hi @NAES1!  It's always nice to see your sweet posts on here!

I didn't get a chance to talk to him too much -- it was his first day back in the salon in over a week since he was doing QVC-US and QVC Europe as well.

I think it would be great to contact him and get his feedback on a cut for you.  Do you use Facebook or Twitter?  He is good about getting back to people who contact him on those sites.  He amazes me -- he's so busy, but he makes time to be accessible to those who have questions or leave a word of encouragement. 

I'm so glad his products are working well for you -- he really does have something for everyone, I think. 

Thanks for the sweet compliment on how I look -- if you're on FB, let me know.  We can friend each other!  My Sharks let me down this weekend -- they got beat pretty badly yesterday.  I took some heat from loved ones for going to LA and leaving my team.  I guess I'm getting blamed for the team not playing well.  I can't take responsibility for that!  Smiley Happy

You're welcome for the info, and I hope life is treating you as nicely as you deserve!

Talk to you soon!

Janice

Esteemed Contributor

@JanCA wrote:

Hi @NAES1!  It's always nice to see your sweet posts on here!

I didn't get a chance to talk to him too much -- it was his first day back in the salon in over a week since he was doing QVC-US and QVC Europe as well.

I think it would be great to contact him and get his feedback on a cut for you.  Do you use Facebook or Twitter?  He is good about getting back to people who contact him on those sites.  He amazes me -- he's so busy, but he makes time to be accessible to those who have questions or leave a word of encouragement. 

I'm so glad his products are working well for you -- he really does have something for everyone, I think. 

Thanks for the sweet compliment on how I look -- if you're on FB, let me know.  We can friend each other!  My Sharks let me down this weekend -- they got beat pretty badly yesterday.  I took some heat from loved ones for going to LA and leaving my team.  I guess I'm getting blamed for the team not playing well.  I can't take responsibility for that!  Smiley Happy

You're welcome for the info, and I hope life is treating you as nicely as you deserve!

Talk to you soon!

Janice

@ JanCA.  

Of course YOU cannot take the blame....and haHAaaa, you, I would wager......being one of the best ` taking any heat from anyone`~

I have never given 'thought' being on FB or ttwittering I have been asked that question many times. Never really knew how valuable it would benefit me, if any? 

I have a friend who has been on FB waaaay back 9+ years ago. She wanted me desperately to try it out. I believe I knew more about the immediate connection when going to our last high school reunion...

" have no idea how to start or definitely know zero about Twitter ".

The one friend ( hometown) that is married, now living on Isle of Capri in Florida almost has to have more than a phone, since she is more so isolated on one piece of land surrounded by water. Has her groceries delivered via boat, then go into Naples to shop or fly out..closest airport. Very knowledgeable of manual dexterity since she was in her 20s - 30s. 

Evidently, she does has FB friends throughout the world, as far as I have learned. 

I received my NC mousse & serum a few minutes ago, so WILL play with that, especially the volume apply to dry hair. I did not purchase the Advanced Volume shampoo, so know it will be featured on the 24th/ 31st. Hoping for a 4-5 PC set of what I've missed.

Have not had shortER hair for 7+ years, but am ready to react for a change if these products hold up FULL along with my favorite bump at the crown.

I remembered that you said: hair appointments were far in advance, so I have to keep that ever present when I am so fortunate to [ get one ]•••••••••yes!

Now today, but by this weekend, we are to have 80* .....has been in the 40 and the dampest wet 60 for so long~~~~ ° what a TREAT °!

Off to try the mousse. Remember, I have below should length and heavy, but baby fine. That all changed over night 4 years ago. 

I call it temperamental having a mind of its own. That would be why I wear it up wrapped in a ribbon.... With All the hair yum products.

Have a great DAY...talk with you sooner than late.

Always my best, 

NAESWoman Happy

Respected Contributor

Thank you for letting us know, JanCA. Smiley Very Happy

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Super Contributor

Re: Tuesday Night Beauty

[ Edited ]

@NC Bandwagon, you're welcome.  You're so good about sharing info, so thought I'd give everyone a heads-up about this week and next.  As usual, he looked great and loved the new jacket!  Smiley Happy

@NAES1, hope you're loving the serum and mousse.  The serum is simply great, regardless of what type of hair anyone has, and I used mousses back in the day before I discovered Nick's line.  It's funny, there was a time when the bulk of styling products were mousses.  Now, there's a little bit of everything out there!

As for FB, it obviously depends on the individual whether it's a benefit or not.  Personally speaking, I really love it.  Outside of my immediate family, all my family lives out of the area, a few out of state, and I have a lot of friends on the east coast.  It seems like we're closer, and in much better contact, due to FB.  I love seeing all the pictures they post, etc., and so I do really love FB.  Plus, there are a lot of people who use FB as a marketing tool for their products, including Nick.  It's a way to communicate with the people who use their products, so it's a cool thing.  I adore George Simonton, have bought a lot of his clothes (and am really ticked at QVC for not bringing him back and giving time to lesser, fly-by-night designers in my opinion).  Although I haven't met him personally, he knows who I am, and wishes me a happy birthday every year, which really touches my heart, and to me, speaks volumes about what an appreciative, kind man he is, in spite of his great success.  Love him!  (Oh, and he uses and loves Nick's products, too!)  So, maybe FB is for you, and maybe not.  Smiley Happy

It sounds like Shawn alluded to Nick having a TSV in the near future, which is great news!  I'll have to ask Nick about that when I see him next month for my haircut/color! 

It's late, so time for me to get some sleep soon.  I did want to check in and say hello to you all! 

Take care -

Janice

Esteemed Contributor

Hello HELLO!!!!! Dear Janice,,,,,,loved your newsy NEWS notes of so many interesting ( inside) fun facts. 

George Simonton - absolutely does - have what I refer as very extraordinary ....just designer fashion!

AND! I know exactly how you may feel about `•••this•••`.

Perfect fit, beautiful lines to his creative talent, not to forget the top of the line in all fabrics........

I possible am closer to FB than two years ago. I am assuming there is no specifically indicated PC needed?

I am just now opening up Community, so here I am saying ~ Well Good Morning to my California beautiful hair lady friend, ahhh,,,,,Woman Wink

" received the serum and mousse... Just Love Them!

So next, I need the Volume Shampoo"....

A friend of mine who is opening her hair salon ( just graduated from one of the better ' Art of Hair Design ') told me that Big & Sexy products were the best; don't believe she is familiar with NC hair shows, QVC or anything that would not be in the school's what have you.

Never used anything else, other than those - Pre~ Chavez Days.

Like you, when mentioned ' always using a mousse '...that would be me, also.

If you have not used the refreshing Mesquite spray ( not sticky), then watch on the 31st and listen very carefully. The more I use, the more texture I have with control! Not a hairspray... just very uniquely Great. Any little FlyAway's, poof..they are gone. Love the gentle soft scent, definitely not perfumery.

I am in the Platinum membership at Ulta's, receiving their monthly magazine. Was so VERY surprised to see pages of hair products, most with names I had never heard...of course Big & S. was a top leader. Did you know ( I used to use these) that Alterna's shampoo is NOW $ 52.00 per bottle. I bought all of mine from QVC, never paid that much, nor will...????for a shampoo???!

That was why I had this great interest in _his_.

All of my skincare is quite pricey, but ....shampoo...., mmhhh?

Today I will do a full treatment on my hair, using more of the serum than when I firstly received. 

I am so appreciative that all new Chavez is once again ON and up at the top where those belong. Still, to this day, can not understand how he faded in the background~~~~?    !!!!!!! ????

" I am going to recheck the videos from 24th, I may have missed some; was out for 3 hours... So that was sometimes MY mistake".

Have a great day. Thinking of you. Want you to know that within two days we have gone from 55 to 80+ ....so summer is slowly rolling through. 

Oh, I tried a new style, letting my hair fall down, then securing it at the lower end of hair with a floral elastic tie, then taking up the longer hair up to the crown snapped clipped with a beautiful east to west hair holder. Wow, how cute is that! 

Having longer hair, for me, is almost a ' must ' lifting it up away from my neck in the summer heat...HUMIDITY!!!!!!

@JanCA 

from NAES.     

Super Contributor

@NAES1, I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to respond to your post -- life has been crazy busy!  Between working 2 jobs and my Sharks in the Stanley Cup Finals, I haven't been home much!

As for FB, if you have a smartphone, a PC isn't necessary.  You can do more on a PC than you can on a smartphone, but my FB app on my iPhone is just fine.  You can always cancel/delete your FB page if you don't like it or feel comfortable with it. 

Congrats to your friend for her hair salon opening!  There are so many product lines out there -- I've never tried Big & Sexy since I started using Nick's products exculsively 17 years ago, but I used Paul Mitchell before I started using Nick's.  I have to admit, though, I used a lot of different salon products before I used Nick's, and didn't find anything that I loved so much that I stayed loyal to.  As for Alterna costing $52 for a bottle, that's too rich for my blood!  Smiley Happy  I certainly agree with you there -- I'm grateful that Nick is conscientious and doesn't charge prices like that. 

As for the time that Nick wasn't on QVC that much, well, that was not a good decision by QVC.  It's obvious that regardless of the competition, Nick has a loyal following AND he works constantly to keep updating his products and offering the best ingredients to get the best results.  The Velvet Mesquite line has added a lot of quality to his line, and another example is the SoftFlocker -- I happen to like it much better than the regular Flocker, which was popular for many years before offering it in the different form. 

Hoping the weather is lovely for you, and the humidity not too bad!  Smiley Happy  Hate humidity!  The hairstyle you mentioned sounds great!  I'd love to see it! 

Hoping you and all the lovely ladies here are having a great weekend -- mine is passing quickly, but I'm enjoying it!  Take care --

Janice

Esteemed Contributor

@JanCA, unbelievable week! 

I do understand. 

Major plumbing and water problems here. Should be back with you soon.

And, oooooooh an uti coming and going.

Back later. 

You are very VERY busy!

NAES.    Woman Frustrated for now!

Super Contributor
Oh @NAES1, I'm sorry for all that's hit you this week. UTIs aren't fun, but plumbing and water problems, too? Hang in there, hope things are improving soon for you! Take care and sending wishes for a better week!

Janice