Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nick Chavez - What he said RE: Conditioner

@Drythe - never fails to mention that - every time.

Honored Contributor

@sandylu wrote:

My big question which was not addressed is....is his thickening and plumping shampoo color safe?

@sandylu , his Plumping shampoo set contains sodium laurel sulfate.  He does have a sulfate free thickening set though.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@Shanus wrote

I think the clogged follicle idea is important now because some  women have started washing their hair less often. It used to be every day in the shower, now some only wash hair 2 or 3 times a week. 

From day one on Q, Nick has always preached that a "healthyclean scalp is healthy/clean hair". He once, on air, took issue with the WEN method of cleansing conditionersand oils that stayed on the scalp and would only washed away once a week, if that often. 

It's a great idea to clean your scalp while washing with one of the silicone scalp massagers to keep the scalp clean....feels so good, too.

@Shanus 

I don’t know where the idea that those who use WEN only cleanse once a week or less, (I think you mean) came from. Have noticed your making this comment before.

Please, I don’t care who uses Wen, who doesn’t, or what one uses.  But as a Wen user for  10 years, Never have I gone even close to a week without cleansing my hair, nor would I think of leaving oil on that long.

I know many Wen users, no one goes a week or more, without cleaning their hair and scalp, I’m 3-5 times a week depending.  I have never heard, or read Chaz say that, as a matter of fact he says he cleanses his daily.

I had bad medicine scalp pre Wen, HAD to scrub daily to be presentable.  Maybe you heard someone like me say I can go longer now without cleansing, but good gracious, not a week, maybe every other day.

I’m done now.  As I said, whoever, whatever, gives good results - great, Go for it!

@Drythe   When I used WEN years ago and watched the shows, Chaz would say the models' hair becomes so cleansed and conditioned after a oeriod of time, it repels dirt (!?!?) and the models can go a week without cleansing their hair. Each person has had different results with that product. It's a love/hate product.

@Shanus 

Wen user for 10 years, watched for longer than that.

Never did I hear Chaz say either of those things.  Repels dirt?

Once a week, or longer (as you said) without washing, who does that?  

Every time there is a thread about NC someone must toss in a comment or two about Chaz.  Wonder why?   The love / hate is not about the Product.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I do know there are a few people I follow on YouTube who have said they only wash their hair once or twice a week.  They aren't Wen users..  Both have long hair and said in between they use dry shampoo.  They said because of their infrequent hair washing, they need to make sure they use a shampoo that really cleanses the hair.  

I would swear I have heard Chaz and models mention only once a week hair washing.  I also thought Lisa Robertson said she only washed her hair once or twice a week once she started using Wen.