Respected Contributor

Nick Chavez Velvet Mesquite Shampoo & Conditioner

Hey, Nick Chavez fans! I just received my first Nick Chavez Velvet Mesquite Shampoo & Conditioner delivery! (I only had the Mesquite Serum, which I loved).

Screen Shot 2016-05-14 at 12.43.15 PM.png

Love to hear your experiences with this shampoo (and tips for use!).

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nick Chavez Velvet Mesquite Shampoo & Conditioner

Hi, I tried it some time ago and it really did give my thinning hair a bit of a boost, enough to make it look a little thicker than it is which was the upside. The downside for me was that the conditioner is supposed to be left in for, if I remember correctly 3 to 5 minutes, longer if more conditioning is needed. I'm too impatient, I want a conditioner you put on and rinse out without waiting time. Plus it wasn't quite moisturizing enough for me. I hope it works for you and that you love it as much as you love the serum.

Respected Contributor

I've only used the serum also.  Let us know how you like this duo.  I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Karnerblue wrote:

I've only used the serum also.  Let us know how you like this duo.  I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts.

@Karnerblue@NC Bandwagon

Just used the mesquite shampoo and conditioner this morning.

(On an off note, the tubes are huge and hard to handle in the shower, compared to bottles with pumps.)

Wonderful shampoo, thick foam. The conditioner was a different texture, thick and creamy. Left it on 3 minutes before rinsing. I have a shoulder-length head full of curls right now, plus SHINE!

Respected Contributor

I just got the kit that I ordered from Nick's last visit. I am loving the Mesquite shampoo and conditioner! But then I always like Nick's products! The scent is devine! Light and fresh!

Also loving the Mesquite styling gel that came in the kit, way more than I thought I would! I have always liked serums and this one works well. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I like the hairspray, since my HG spray is Plump & Thick, I didn't think it would do as well. I was wrong.

Another Nick hit and a great value.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

Hello, ladies. Smiley Happy

1Professor, glad that Nick's Velvet Mesquite Shampoo and Conditioner is working well for you. Hope it continues to. Smiley Happy Yes, Nick's conditioners are a bit different. They're very thick, like the consistancy (sp?) of toothpaste. I use Nick's Traditions Yucca Root Shampoo and Conditioner, and the conditioner for that is the same as well.

shaggygirl, sorry that Nick's shampoo/conditioner didn't work out for you. The only other brand I can suggest is Nexxus. They make some pretty good shampoo's and conditioners.

Jacie, the thing that's great about Nick's styling gel is that it doesn't leave the hair crunchy and sticky.

Have a great day, ladies. Smiley Happy

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Respected Contributor

I wish he had this in a bigger size then i will try it but for tubes i can not fathom spending the $$