Trusted Contributor

I ordered the sodt flocker kit with the hair spray and extra small cans. But I am just not seeing any change in my hair. Lookinfgfor volume on the crown and was hoping for a more textured piecey look, but still have flat hair??? On air he makes it look so good. The models go from flat hair to full volume.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nick Chavez Soft Flocker???

Tried the flocker quite some time ago, made my hair do the opposite of giving volume, it looked flat and felt yucky and to me it smelled bad. Tried some shine spray too that Shawn raved about. That smell also was nasty, to me anyway. I will never understand the magic touch he has when demonstrating. His shampoos & conditioners however were a different story, tried 2 different kinds and both worked very nicely for me and smelled pleasant. I only quit using them because $$ wise I can do much better buying other brands I like at CVS/Walgreens/Target...almost anywhere.

Trusted Contributor

I just don't understand how a product doesn't work at home when on air, it looks to be amazing. So disappointed, feel like I can't trust anything QVC says anymore. I also tried that Living Proof Amp Instant Volumizer prior to getting the Nick Chavez one and it was so sticky and felt horrible in the hair, couldn't even comb my hair through. I guess it's back to CVS and find myself a texturizing foam product.

Regular Contributor

@gigy - I have both SoftFlocker and Angel Wings and have the same problem get more volume on the crown.  I have better luck with a product from Sally Beauty Supply Ion Daily Solutions Texturizing Wax.  I had mine for some time and hopefully they have not change the formula. 

Honored Contributor

I’ve never had much luck with NC’s products & the scents did not appeal to me.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Yes, you can have a piecy look with soft flocker.  I think it just takes a bit of time to figure out how much to use. In my case, I use a very small amount....I just moisten my fingertips with the product, then run it through my hair 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I love Flocker!  I have fine, layered, short hair. The secret to having it work correctly is to only use the tiniest drop, and then rub your hands together to warm it up. The mistake is to use too much, and to put it on thickly, like gel.

I warm it in my hands, then comb thru my hair, fluffing and crunching my hair so it looks like I've used a curling iron. 

Good Luck!  

Respected Contributor

Hi folks!  I was just diddling around reading and saw this thread.  I see some didn't like this Nick Chavez Flocker.  I've never tried it so I cannot give an opinion on it.  Anyway, well, first of all, I'm a Wen girl for 11 years and this August, 2021 it'll be 12 but I always had a bit of trouble with my hair because when I round brushed, it would be too "big".  I did not like all the ropey curls my hair would do.  (I know, he has the models' hair like that) I don't want that.  I want my hair just straight with body, swishy, I'll take a slight bend on the end.  Okay, well.  I stumbled on this product called, "WOW Skin Science".  I got a few things in it but the best thing is this 10 in 1 spray something or other.  You just spritz a bit on wet or dry hair, massage in roots and run fingers through.  I do it before blow drying with a paddle brush.  Round brushing makes too many curls. ick!  LOL!  The best thing is that it STAYS in the hair for days too.  I mean the way it acts on the hair.  So that's my grim little story.  Just thought I'd throw in my two cents. XO