Respected Contributor

Re: Nick Chavez July TSV 7/26

@Jacie wrote:

Got my TSV a few days ago, as usual I am loving Nick's stuff! Anyone else having success too? Still cannot get over what a great buy all that product is!

Glad that Nick's products are working well for you, Jacie. Smiley Happy I didn't order it because my hair is already thick.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Contributor

@JanCA, I am a recovering (hair damage) W word user.  I am very leary of using non salon products at this point and I love Nick's infectious personality and I enjoy watching him when he is on air.  I was interested in the TSV but passed on it since I had such a bad expereience with W and CD.  I also have fine hair but I used to have more of it pre- W use and it is getting healither and thicker with the use of Pureology which is very expensive.  I am wondering about the consistency of the NC product and am wondering what your before NC and after NC Advanced Volume expereince has been.  I am not adverse to spending the money on quality products Smiley Happy  Right now my hair is growing back in and my stylist is happy with the way it has been slowly improving since I discontinued the other product.  I don't know that I should change anything, but am interested in this procduct and would love some feedback.  I am very gunshy right now and cannot afford to go bacward on progress.  Also, can you tell me anything about the fragrance (if you could be descriptive that would be great) I am sensitive to some and I loved the Green Tea Bamboo and I do Like Joic and  Pureology Conditioner (no toner) the shampoo (I use once a week has toner) for Blonde Hair as well my daily Pureology w/o toner (strength cure).  I noticed someone below said the color of this shampoo was purple (usually indicates toner is in it) but I may have misread.  Any help you could provide would be appreciated.  

On a side note, I did try the mesquite oil and I find that it leaves my hair a little too heavy the next day.Since I have hair that is just between my shoulder and chin in the front and sides and higher in the back I do not use a full pea sized amount (he used that on air with longer haired models).  Perhaps I am under using?  I am about to send it back as the second and final easy pay is due and I am not convinced it is doing what it should.  I have layers and it does seem to add to fly aways and does not add volume it seems as though I lose my blow out Smiley Sad.  

Looking forward to any input from you and the other ladies since you are all so familiar with Nick and his products! Smiley Happy  Thanks so much for your help.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JumperRider, first of all, I just want to say I'm sorry for what you've been through with your hair, and I totally understand you being gunshy. I don't have a lot of hair, so losing any would be devastating for me. What I can tell you is this: I've been using Nick's shampoos and conditioners for 17 years now. Advanced Volume s/c was personally recommended by Nick for use on my hair. Before I started using Nick's products, my hair was severely damaged from over-processing (perms and color), and his products have restored it to healthy, shiny hair. It doesn't matter what I've used -- I started with his s/c 2 back in the day, then moved on to Plump 'N Thick, then to Advanced Volume - they have all been great for my hair. I think you can use his products with confidence. If you prefer a product with no sulfates or parabens, you can try the Advanced Plump 'N Thick. The scent to Advanced Volume is very nice -- I would say floral, not too strong, and I don't smell it after I rinse it out.

As for the serum, less is more with Nick's products - they are highly-concentrated, but gentle. Personally speaking, it definitely helped my hair, so maybe you might try using more or less and see how it affects your hair. Nick cuts and colors my hair, and he noticed a difference in my hair when I started using the serum. Obviously, products affect different people in different ways, but try adjusting the amount you use and see if that helps.

Another thing I want to say to reassure you - one person posted on the beauty board awhile back, asking if anyone had suffered hair loss from Nick's products (after all the controversy with W), and not one person claimed that they did. I know there are some good products out there that are costly -- I can recommend without hesitation, to try Nick's products. If you saw how fine/thin my hair is, then how it looks after I use his products, you'd be amazed.

I hope I haven't forgotten to answer any of your questions -- if I have, just yell at me and I'll answer them. Smiley Happy. Sending you hugs and lots of good wishes, whatever you decide. Also, the ladies that frequent this page are very nice. Take care and have a wonderful weekend.

Janice

Contributor

@JanCA Thank you so much for you honest and reassuring answers.  I really appreciate that.  I tried a Keranese product to cleanse my follicles and that has helped tremendously! Well worth the hefty price tag.  I also believe in less is more and you can add if needed.  Just a few days ago prior to reading your post I tried using the serum in my wet (not dripping wet - but between wet and damp) and ran it through with my fingers avoiding my scalp and threw it into a turbi twist.  I finished my skin routine and makeup and dried my hair and it looked amazing. I put a tiny amount of the serum on after using my flat iron on a few key spots and voila done.  I  did not need to wash my hair the next day.  Flat iron and a tiny bit of serum and spray and done.  The shampoo and conditioner I am using right now is a higher end line made by Redken called Pureology (strenght cure) for every day shampoo and the Platinum Conditioner for everyday and Platinum Shampoo (has toner in it) once a week to keep my blonde looking great.  Florals are usaually fine for me, I don't like menthol smelling product at all.  I also have color treated hair but it is not overprocessed and never has been, the damage was from W.  Hair falling out and not growing properly and getting thinner due to hair loss.  We do not have and I do not have heredity hair loss in our family.  I also had my stylist confirm and she said no I do not have it, it is product related.. Does  the  Advanced Plump N Thick last a long time (the bottle of product)  I am finding although the product I am using is very expensive (more than W) - Liter is about $68 depending on which you get.  It is concentrated so you do not need much.

Lynn

Contributor

@JanCA wrote:

@JumperRider, first of all, I just want to say I'm sorry for what you've been through with your hair, and I totally understand you being gunshy. I don't have a lot of hair, so losing any would be devastating for me. What I can tell you is this: I've been using Nick's shampoos and conditioners for 17 years now. Advanced Volume s/c was personally recommended by Nick for use on my hair. Before I started using Nick's products, my hair was severely damaged from over-processing (perms and color), and his products have restored it to healthy, shiny hair. It doesn't matter what I've used -- I started with his s/c 2 back in the day, then moved on to Plump 'N Thick, then to Advanced Volume - they have all been great for my hair. I think you can use his products with confidence. If you prefer a product with no sulfates or parabens, you can try the Advanced Plump 'N Thick. The scent to Advanced Volume is very nice -- I would say floral, not too strong, and I don't smell it after I rinse it out.

As for the serum, less is more with Nick's products - they are highly-concentrated, but gentle. Personally speaking, it definitely helped my hair, so maybe you might try using more or less and see how it affects your hair. Nick cuts and colors my hair, and he noticed a difference in my hair when I started using the serum. Obviously, products affect different people in different ways, but try adjusting the amount you use and see if that helps.

Another thing I want to say to reassure you - one person posted on the beauty board awhile back, asking if anyone had suffered hair loss from Nick's products (after all the controversy with W), and not one person claimed that they did. I know there are some good products out there that are costly -- I can recommend without hesitation, to try Nick's products. If you saw how fine/thin my hair is, then how it looks after I use his products, you'd be amazed.

I hope I haven't forgotten to answer any of your questions -- if I have, just yell at me and I'll answer them. Smiley Happy. Sending you hugs and lots of good wishes, whatever you decide. Also, the ladies that frequent this page are very nice. Take care and have a wonderful weekend.

Janice

@JanCA wrote:

Janice

@JanCA wrote:

Janice

@JanCA Thank you so much for you honest and reassuring answers.  I really appreciate that.  I tried a Keranese product to cleanse my follicles and that has helped tremendously! Well worth the hefty price tag.  I also believe in less is more and you can add if needed.  Just a few days ago prior to reading your post I tried using the serum in my wet (not dripping wet - but between wet and damp) and ran it through with my fingers avoiding my scalp and threw it into a turbi twist.  I finished my skin routine and makeup and dried my hair and it looked amazing. I put a tiny amount of the serum on after using my flat iron on a few key spots and voila done.  I  did not need to wash my hair the next day.  Flat iron and a tiny bit of serum and spray and done.  The shampoo and conditioner I am using right now is a higher end line made by Redken called Pureology (strenght cure) for every day shampoo and the Platinum Conditioner for everyday and Platinum Shampoo (has toner in it) once a week to keep my blonde looking great.  Florals are usaually fine for me, I don't like menthol smelling product at all.  I also have color treated hair but it is not overprocessed and never has been, the damage was from W.  Hair falling out and not growing properly and getting thinner due to hair loss.  We do not have and I do not have heredity hair loss in our family.  I also had my stylist confirm and she said no I do not have it, it is product related.. Does  the  Advanced Plump N Thick last a long time (the bottle of product)  I am finding although the product I am using is very expensive (more than W) - Liter is about $68 depending on which you get.  It is concentrated so you do not need much.

Lynn

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lynn,

It is my pleasure to help in any way I can. I'm so glad you found a way for the serum to work for you - it's an amazing product. I'm also glad you have found products to help your hair. I can tell you that any product you buy of Nick's will be strongly concentrated, so a little will go a long way, and the products last a long time. And although they're concentrated, they will be good for your hair and gentle on it. He doesn't use menthol in his products, and many of them are based on natural products that his grandmother used when he was young.

As for your hair, I believe like your hairdresser that products can and will cause hair loss in some cases. If the pores in your scalp get clogged, the consequences can include hair loss. People can argue and debate all they want to defend their product, but regardless of where the pores are -- face, head, wherever -- the consequences aren't good if the pores are clogged. 

Again, I wish you all the best with your hair, and I can assure you that Nick puts a great deal of care and concern into his products. If you're on Facebook, his corporate page is asking people to submit a wish list of up to 5 items, and later on, they will pick some of them to win the items on their wish list. You might want to give it a shot!

It was great hearing from you, Lynn, and I wish you a wonderful week. Take care.

Janice

Respected Contributor

Hello, JumperRider and welcome. Smiley Happy

JanCA is a big help when it comes to Nick's products, because she's used a lot of them.

I'm sorry about what happened to your hair, but I'm glad that it's growing back.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder