Respected Contributor

Re: Nick Chavez Beauty Thread.

On 7/23/2014 september said:

I ordered the Velvet Mesquite Serum. This sounds like a unique product. Interesting that it's for skin or hair! Happy to take advantage of free shipping.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I also went to Nick's website to check out the styling tool. Now I want one! I signed up for emails, so if he has a sale, I'll be able to buy at a better price.

Wouldn't it be great if QVC had him on, with this Easy Styler as a TSV? Does anyone know when he last had a TSV here?

I'm not sure I see him on Friday's schedule?

I actually don't remember the last time Nick had a TSV on QVC. He's hasn't been on in months. Nick did say at the end of his show that he'd be on FRiday, but it may not be his own show. It may be AM Beauty or something. I'll be sure to check his Facebook and Instagram pages. If I find out if and when he comes on, I'll post it in this thread.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

I ordered the Plump and Thick Kit ( I think that is the name) today but it was sold out, so on waitlist Smiley Sad

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Trusted Contributor

So did I! Hope they honor the waitlist! I also wish that the sale on styling tool would be repeated. Joined the email list so that I perhaps would be included if there is another special. Although I have short hair, I could use it. Years ago, I have a similar curling brush (without the straightener portion) and I loved that thing. Wore it out and then changed hairstyle where I didn't need it.

Valued Contributor

For those of you who have the Mesquite Hair Serum, how do you like it. I already have a leave in hair strengthner by him. It used to be the Prickly Pear one and now I ordered something else from his website like it. Just what is the hair serum do? There is no video of the presentation.

Regular Contributor

On 7/23/2014 QVCPhobe said:

For those of you who have the Mesquite Hair Serum, how do you like it. I already have a leave in hair strengthner by him. It used to be the Prickly Pear one and now I ordered something else from his website like it. Just what is the hair serum do? There is no video of the presentation.

I have the Mesquite Hair Serum. It is not oily at all. Feels literally like velvet. I have fine, curly, color-treated hair & I use it when my hair is dry. Just one drop for fine hair. I saw today when Nick said you can mix it with a styling product on wet hair & I will try that. It does not weigh hair down. I love it. It gives my hair shine & strength. He also said you can mix a drop or two with conditioner to detangle hair. I did try that & it worked but I feel like if it's washed out of your hair you're not getting the best benefit of it. It feels so soft and silky.

“Memory is a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.”
Respected Contributor

On 7/24/2014 Raindrop said:
On 7/23/2014 QVCPhobe said:

I have the Mesquite Hair Serum. It is not oily at all. Feels literally like velvet. I have fine, curly, color-treated hair & I use it when my hair is dry. Just one drop for fine hair. I saw today when Nick said you can mix it with a styling product on wet hair & I will try that. It does not weigh hair down. I love it. It gives my hair shine & strength. He also said you can mix a drop or two with conditioner to detangle hair. I did try that & it worked but I feel like if it's washed out of your hair you're not getting the best benefit of it. It feels so soft and silky.

Oooh! The part about detangling the hair I did not know. I'll have to try that. Thank you. Smile

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Honored Contributor

Remember on the show, the lady (who works with him) came out and went immediately from the short, flat doo to a fully, tossed doo in seconds? (she had short brown hair and was wearing a black polo and jeans). Was that the Flocker that she used? Albany was also on at this time and Nick used this product on her. Both ladies used the product by leaning their heads forward and nearly upside-down. The results were so amazing! TIA

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

On 7/24/2014 lovestoteach said:

Remember on the show, the lady (who works with him) came out and went immediately from the short, flat doo to a fully, tossed doo in seconds? (she had short brown hair and was wearing a black polo and jeans). Was that the Flocker that she used? Albany was also on at this time and Nick used this product on her. Both ladies used the product by leaning their heads forward and nearly upside-down. The results were so amazing! TIA

The one with the really, really short hair? I think that would be Erin and yes, I think that was the Flocker. Yes, that's what I really like about Nick's presentations of his products. I know that usually when a hair presentation is on QVC, it'll show the before picture and the after, "with pro-styling" picture. They do that with Nick too, but when the Flocker is used, you can see a noticeable difference in the hair.

Super Contributor

I love the Soft Flocker! I have a short, layered cut with fine, thin hair, and I use the Soft Flocker on dry hair, and it really adds a lot of volume. It's a great product!

Janice

Respected Contributor

On 7/24/2014 Jangroomer said:

I love the Soft Flocker! I have a short, layered cut with fine, thin hair, and I use the Soft Flocker on dry hair, and it really adds a lot of volume. It's a great product!

Janice

Jangroomer, I need to ask you something, please. I read reviews on QVC that the SoftFlocker styling creme has a strange/bad smell. Is that true?