Respected Contributor

Re: Nick Chavez Beauty Thread.

On 7/26/2014 NC Bandwagon said:

@Lannie, it says that the Thirst Quenching Duo with the Travel Size Spray will ship 8/22.

Nope, sorry, refuse to order it now. It was free shipping last night and today it is $7.00 for shipping. Crooks.

What are they trying to pull? I went to the computer immediately after Nick was done with the presentation and it was - not available. I could not order it. And it was not "sold out" at the end of his presentation.

Respected Contributor

On 7/26/2014 Lannie said:

@Lannie, it says that the Thirst Quenching Duo with the Travel Size Spray will ship 8/22.

Nope, sorry, refuse to order it now. It was free shipping last night and today it is $7.00 for shipping. Crooks.

Unfortunately, the free shipping for Nick's products didn't last long at all. The free shipping for Nick's Velvet Mesquite Serum only lasted for one day. Don't know why the free shipping offer was so short. Wish it had lasted at least 5 days.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Respected Contributor

Unfortunately, the free shipping for Nick's products didn't last long at all. The free shipping for Nick's Velvet Mesquite Serum only lasted for one day. Don't know why the free shipping offer was so short. Wish it had lasted at least 5 days.

NC - I added to my comment - they wouldn't let me order it last night even though I went immediately to my computer to order last night. Now today it is available and has shipping. Something is fishy here.

Respected Contributor

NC - I added to my comment - they wouldn't let me order it last night even though I went immediately to my computer to order last night. Now today it is available and has shipping. Something is fishy here.

{#emotions_dlg.blink} Weird. I heard the host say that Nick's product was selling pretty fast. I guess QVC's ordering system was acting up or something. That's weird though. Sorry you missed out. Have you tried calling CS and telling them what happened?

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Honored Contributor

Lannie, sorry they didn't give you the free shipping. You might want to check out folica.com for these products. If your total order is more than $50, shipping is free.

NC: The volumizer is called Perfect Plus Volumizing Elixir. It's an old product, but something that doesn't lose its effectiveness over time. I believe I got a duo many years ago, and still have about 1/4 bottle left. I do see products on Nick's website that seem similar, so when I run out of this, I'll try one of the newer ones.

Respected Contributor

september, thanks for the info about folica.com. Boy oh, boy...if Nick ever added a policy to his website that said "all orders over $50 means free shipping," I'd be buying his stuff like fast.

Honored Contributor

I know, NC. You would think that when we purchase directly from a beauty vendor's site, we'd get the best deals. It pays to shop around. I love Paula's Choice products, and am on the email list, but now that dermstore.com carries them, I get what I want at better prices there.
Esteemed Contributor

On 7/26/2014 september said:

Lannie, sorry they didn't give you the free shipping. You might want to check out folica.com for these products. If your total order is more than $50, shipping is free.

NC: The volumizer is called Perfect Plus Volumizing Elixir. It's an old product, but something that doesn't lose its effectiveness over time. I believe I got a duo many years ago, and still have about 1/4 bottle left. I do see products on Nick's website that seem similar, so when I run out of this, I'll try one of the newer ones.

Folica might be great for Nick's products but I do want to share that I am in the process of returning an order to them.

I ordered a flat iron and a blow dryer and when they arrived, the items were obviously not new. The product boxes had rips in them, like they had been opened and re boxed and there were no inner wrappings like these types of things usually have. Like twist ties and plastic wrapping around the cords and such.

Of course they have no idea how that happened, they said they only sell new products. Well, I think those items were recycled customer returns, just like some have received from QVC.

They did send me a return label and the box should get to them Monday and they have promised a refund, so I'll be ok. Not happy especially but ok.

Just sayin', check your stuff when you get it. It could have been an isolated incident, just wanted you to be aware.Smile

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

I'm sorry that happened to you, Bette b. It reminds me of last year, when my daughter wanted a new flat iron for her birthday, and I found what she wanted on Amazon. I've always had good luck with them, but the item I got was obviously intended to be sold in either Mexico or South America, since all the packaging was in Spanish. I'm sure the instructions, warranty, etc...were as well. I returned it.
Esteemed Contributor

On 7/26/2014 september said: I'm sorry that happened to you, Bette b. It reminds me of last year, when my daughter wanted a new flat iron for her birthday, and I found what she wanted on Amazon. I've always had good luck with them, but the item I got was obviously intended to be sold in either Mexico or South America, since all the packaging was in Spanish. I'm sure the instructions, warranty, etc...were as well. I returned it.

I was surprised and maybe a little bit grossed out by the idea of used hair appliances. Folica has a pretty good rep, so I wasn't worried about ordering from them

I'm surprised about Amazon too. Not good, especially for a gift.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines