Trusted Contributor

Re: Nick Chavez Beauty Thread.

Sorry, NC Bandwagon, but I was talking about Nick with Alberti. Alberti was constantly talking over Nick. And Nick did not have a host who personally used the product that could show the result and talk of their own experience with it. Nick did all of the presentations of his product. He ran the entire show.

Respected Contributor

Hello, NYwoman. Smile

It's all right. No need to be sorry. We each like different hosts. There is a video up of Shawn hosting with Nick where the SoftFlocker is being shown. I think I heard her say that she uses Nick's Velvet Mesquite Serum or something.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Regular Contributor

How does Red Carpet Extra Hold Finishing Hairspray compare to his Plump and Thick Hairspray? I'm waiting for his Mesquite hairspray to come in stock and need something in the meantime and I only use Nick's hairspray.

“Memory is a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.”
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Hi Raindrop! I only use Nick's products, and so I've used almost all his hairsprays. I haven't used the Velvet Mesquite yet, but I used Plump 'N Thick before I switched to Red Carpet. Personally speaking, I prefer the Red Carpet Hairspray, although I don't think there's a ton of difference between the two. I have fine, thin hair, and the Red Carpet Hairspray works great for me. However, I don't think you can go wrong with any of Nick's products. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Maybe some of the other ladies on here can weigh in as well and help out with their opinions. Have a wonderful weekend!

Janice

Super Contributor

I just bought a product from him for smoothing the hair when straigtening it. Got it for my daughter as her hair can get frizzy. His products are awesome.

Regular Contributor

Thanks Jangroomer. It seems the Plump 'N' Thick is on waitlist here as well as the Mesquite hairspray. I've been using the Argan hairspray but it doesn't give as much volume as the Plump 'N' Thick. I think I will try the Red Carpet hairspray and keep the Mesquite Hairspray on waitlist. I have fine, curly hair and I need volume and Nick's products really work for me. I have tons of his styling products, shampoos and conditioners. One of my first purchases from QVC was a discovery kit of his plump 'n' thick styling products 12 years ago. I've loved his products since then.

Thanks for your advice. Have a great weekend.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

“Memory is a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.”
Respected Contributor

Good day, ladies and gentlemen. Smile

Right now at Nick's website, there's a BOGO (buy one, get one) sale going on now. But the BOGO is only for Nick's Starlet Shine Spray. The BOGO ends Sunday midnight.

@lovestosing, welcome. Smile

Have a great day, everyone. Smile

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Super Contributor

On 2/27/2015 Raindrop said:

Thanks Jangroomer. It seems the Plump 'N' Thick is on waitlist here as well as the Mesquite hairspray. I've been using the Argan hairspray but it doesn't give as much volume as the Plump 'N' Thick. I think I will try the Red Carpet hairspray and keep the Mesquite Hairspray on waitlist. I have fine, curly hair and I need volume and Nick's products really work for me. I have tons of his styling products, shampoos and conditioners. One of my first purchases from QVC was a discovery kit of his plump 'n' thick styling products 12 years ago. I've loved his products since then.

Thanks for your advice. Have a great weekend.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Raindrop, you're welcome! I used the Plump 'N Thick line myself for several years. I'm using the Advanced Volume now, because Nick recommended that for me. I started with a Volumizing kit in 1999, and never looked back. My hair is healthy, and in spite of it being fine and thin, it looks a lot better & thicker than it actually is! Smiley Happy

I hope the Red Carpet Hairspray works well for you. I know one of the other ladies on here really likes that hairspray as well.

Take care and enjoy!

Janice

Regular Contributor

Hi Jangroomer. Hmmmm, never tried the Advanced Volume before. It's not available on QVC but I see it on other sites. I will try either that or the Red Carpet and wait for the Mesquite hairspray duo to come in stock. I love the Mesquite Serum and gel and I see the hairspray is getting very good reviews.

I have tried a lot of hair products over the years but I always come back to Nick. His products stand the test of time whereas others I have used are long gone and others should be. Smiley Wink

Have a great weekend Janice.

Super Contributor

Hi Raindrop! I should clarify something from my post, which wasn't totally clear. I forgot that Nick introduced the Advanced Volume Hairspray, which I haven't used, either. I use the Advanced Volume Shampoo in place of Plump 'N Thick, but definitely use the Red Carpet Hairspray, which I really love.

Also, it's obvious that you're very supportive of Nick, and I want to thank you for that. I've been going to Nick for 14 years now for my haircuts and highlights, and he is as wonderful a person as he is talented. No one works harder than he does, and he's earned every bit of success he's achieved. I'm grateful to you, and the other ladies on this topic, who support him. As his friend, I'm sort of protective of him. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

So, thanks again to all of you -- I know Nick appreciates all of the support you give him, and I do, too.

Janice