Honored Contributor

Nick needs to make a build up remover shampoo!!!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

@CherryHugs wrote:

Are you a user of Nicks hair products, @CherryHugs?
Do you use an assortment of brands on your hair,or just Nick Chavez?

Valued Contributor

This would not work for colored hair, but I heard that Neutrogena shampoo removes buildup. 

Honored Contributor

Here is what I have done over the years, its inexpensive, does the job and does not harm your hair.

Use your regular shampoo, while in shower leave shampoo on hair.  Finish showering your body.  Rinse out shampoo.  Shampoo again and rinse, rinse, rinse.  Hair will be squeaking clean.

Also you can use Dawn Dish Soap, apply once and rinse throroughly.  This will leave hair squeaking clean.

Both these will get rid of build up on your hair and are safe.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

HEDGE: I have the Volumizing Kit of Nicks for my fine hair. I have other products that are not his brand. I dont use his very often and I dont order often Smiley Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

ELRI: when i tried the Neutrogena for build up it didnt work well. I think it was due to a really bad build up. I got rid of that though by using a build up remover shampoo from Great Clips that they recommended!

Honored Contributor

IMAOLDHIPPIE:  This is good information. I dont like using chemicals so this sounds interesting!

Respected Contributor

Bumble and Bumble makes a build up remover.  Also you can use Paul Mitchell No. 3.

I use product on my hair. If I do not use a build up remover or clarifying shampoo when necessary, your hair can become limp and lifeless.  Regular shampoo does not wash products totally out of your hair.

Esteemed Contributor

@CherryHugs 

@CherryHugs wrote:

I use viinager and water.  It worked when i was a kid and HSN sells a product with the vinger and other stuff.

Just viniger and water does it for me.