Respected Contributor

My Review for Nick Chavez' Traditions Aloe Volumizing Gel Whip.

[ Edited ]

Good day, ladies and gentlemen. Smiley Happy

I got Nick Chavez' Traditions Aloe Volumizing Gel Whip and used it. I'm now ready to give a review for it.

First, I'll post a picture of what the bottle looks like.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~How the Bottle Works~

First, there's 7 oz. worth of product in there, so that's a pretty good amount. The bottle is going to have a cap on it. When you remove it, you'll see a pump, like a the Velvet Mesquite Serum bottle.

The bottle is non-aerosol.

Now, a word of advice. DON'T PRESS DOWN ON THE PUMP TOO HARD OR TOO MUCH! I found this out the hard way and a LOT of product came out rather fast. Smiley Tongue

Just gently press on the pump until the desired amount comes out.

Also, the bottle might feel very light, like there's not much in it. I think that's because the product is very lightweight.

This product is also alcohol-free.
------------------------------------------------------------------

~How it Looks and Feels~

This gel whip has no color in it at all, so there's no dyes in it that I know of. It just looks like water in gel form. It feels like soft, liquid gel and it's not sticky.

It's actually less sticker than Nick's Velvet Mesquite Styling Gel, which already isn't that sticky to begin with.

This gel whip also won't make your hair or hands sticky. It's also very lightweight, so it won't weigh the hair down. It's also not oily ot greasy.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

~How it Smells~

This is just my opinion on it, because everyone's sense of smell is different. For me, this smelled like a very light tropical scent.

Not that smack you in the face with a wedge of mango, drench you a vat of coconut cream or up to your neck in kiwi fruit.

This smells like a very light fruit cocktail. So to me, the scent of this product isn't heavy at all.

As a side note, I used this along with Nick's Velvet Mesquite Serum. So the two scents didn't compete for me.
----------------------------------------------------

~How it Performs~

I'll start off by saying that this is not a gel for hold like Nick's Velvet Mesquite Styling Gel. This is a gel that's more for control. It made the pieces of my hair behave and made it smooth.

It's good for light styling. Not for styles where you want a heavy hold.

My hair is already very thick, so if it did volumize, I didn't notice it.
------------------------------------------------------

~How to Use it~

The instructions say to place in your hands and rub it toegther until it foams. Instead, I squeezed the product in my hands and rubbed it together gently so that it didn't produce a foam. It still seems to have worked well just the same.

There's no need to shake the bottle.

This is a product that goes on damp hair. Not really wet hair, just damp. So after you wash your hair, towel dry it, then put the product on and work it through your hair.

If your hair is already clean and you don't need or want to wash it again, get a spray bottle filled with watter. Spray the water on your hair until your hair is damp (not dripping wet) and then use the Aloe Gel Whip on the hair.

Then style as you like.
-------------------------------------------------------

In short, this is a nice styling product that works well, isn't a sticky, goopy mess for the hair, hands or clothes, smells nice and you get a good amount. Once it was in my hair for a little while, it didn't dry out my hair and didn't leave it feeling cruncry or hard. My hair still felt very soft and pliable.

It's not on QVC and can be gotten at Nick's site. QVC used to have it, but then they stopped carrying it.

For anyone that wants to see a demonstration of the product, I'm going to post the QVC video of it below.

Enjoy, everyone. Smiley Happy
~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder