Honored Contributor

Re: Mesquite Shampoo and Conditioner vs Advanced Volumizer Shampoo and Conditioner

Jan, I saw the photo.  You look soooo good, as you have in other photos I've seen of you in the past.

There is a woman in the upper right corner....her hair is most like mine, and I love her look, too!

Super Contributor

Re: Mesquite Shampoo and Conditioner vs Advanced Volumizer Shampoo and Conditioner

[ Edited ]

@september, thank you, you are so sweet! Nick makes my fine, thin hair look so amazing. Your hair must be gorgeous to look like the lady's in the upper right corner. He makes long hair look absolutely gorgeous - so much so, that we kicked around the idea of letting my hair grow. Ultimately, I let Nick decide, and he decided against it -- not sure how good my hair would look. I am happy the way it is, but you know how it is - we usually want what we can't have. Smiley Happy

It would be great if Nick could do your hair sometime - it would be great!

Thanks again for the kind words, and have a great weekend!

Honored Contributor

Jan, I have thought about making an appointment with him, since my daughter lives about 1 hour north of the LA area......

I could stay with her the day before and the day of the appointment.  

In sure it would be awesome, but not sure what my long time stylist would think of it!

Respected Contributor

I too had breast cancer and have been taking Tamoifen for almost a year.  After 6-8 months I noticed my hair thinning more than typical for my age/heredity (63).  Have been using WEN but am tired of it and it does make my hair "droop" the next day.  Thinking of trying NIck's Mesquite.  Hope it helps!

Respected Contributor

Hello, @bargainsgirl and welcome. Smiley Happy

I'm sorry about the cancer you had. I hope it goes away soon.

I can post the links to some of Nick's Velvet Mesquite things for you. I hope it work for you.

-----------------------------------------------------

Nick Chavez Velvet Mesquite Supersize 32 oz. Shampoo & Conditioner - A286570

Comes with:
1 bottle of 32 oz. Velvet Mesquite Shampoo
1 bottle of 32 oz. Velvet Mesquite Conditioner

$59.46. FREE STANDARD SHIPPING. 4 Easy Pays of $14.86
-------------------------------------------------------------

Nick Chavez Velvet Mesquite Cleanse, Treat & Style 5-Piece Kit - A278469

Comes with:

1 can of 10 oz. Velvet Mesquite Hairspray
1 tube of 8 oz. Velvet Mesquite Shampoo
1 tube of 8 oz. Velvet Mesquite Conditioner
1 bottle of 8 oz. Velvet Mesquite Styling Gel
1 bottle of 0.32 oz. of Velvet Mesquite Serum

$49.96 . $3.00 Shipping. 3 Easy Pays of $16.65

Note: I've used Nick's Velvet Mesquite Serum and it's great for making the hair soft. It's not greasy, oily or sticky. I've also used Nick's Velvet Mesquite Styling Gel. It's great for styling the hair and it's not sticky, tacky, or gummy. It also doesn't leave those white flakes in the hair because the styling gel doesn't have alcohol in it.

The Velvet Mesquite line says it's good for giving hydration and thickness to the hair.

If you'd really like volume for your hair, Nick also makes an Advanced Volume set that will give volume and lift at the root of the hair.
---------------------------------------------------------

Nick Chavez Advanced Volume Cleanse, Treat & Style 5-Piece Kit - A286569

Comes with:

1 bottle of 8 oz. Advanced Volume Shampoo
1 bottle of 8 oz. Advanced Volume Conditioner
1 bottle of 8 oz. Advanced Volume Style Booster Glaze
1 bottle of 8 oz. Advanced Volume Styling Mist
1 bottle of 8 oz. Advanced Volume Hairspray

$55.00 . $3.00 Shipping.
~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Respected Contributor

Waving Hi to everyone 🙋🏻💜 I got my Mesquite Shampoo & Conditioner. All I can say is WOW.........my hair turn out so amazing. Clean, shiney, lots of volume. I really am happy with it. I also used the Mesquite Serum. So so nice. I was using his Advanced Volumizer Shanpoo & Conditioner before. But I think I am liking the Mesquite better. 😍
Respected Contributor

@NC Bandwagon  thanks for mentioning the Mesquite Styling Gel and how you use it.  I wondered if it made your hair sticky or stiff.  I'm glad you like it.  I wish you would come back to posting here.  We all miss you and hope you're ok. 

Respected Contributor

Kismet,  I too have thinned hair from taking Tamoxifen.  I have 3 1/2 years to go.  My dermatologist said my hair would probably NOT grow back once the meds are finished.  But as she said...if it works then the thin hair is managable.  I was using WEN but then tried Nick's Mesquite line and I love it.  What a difference.  My hair is soft and full but not sticky and droopy.  I also love his serum. I think the complete kit is still available.  Check Q's website.  Good luck!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bargainsgirl  I'm another BIG FAN of the Mesquite line.  I use the conditoner first and then shampoo it out.  I've always done that.  Then I do a quick light spray of his Leave in Thickening Mist (from his other line),  then a tiny tiny bit of his Mesquite styling gel (hydrating and thickening), and then a very light spray with his Mesquite hair spray when it's dry.  The key is not to use too much of the gel....  less is best.

I can't say enough about these products.  I use a number of different shampoos and conditioners and hadn't used the Mesquite in awhile.  I pulled it to the front of my stash since I was not loving my hair recently.   I LOVE IT NOW.  OMG OMG OMG...   my hair LOVES these products and looks thicker, fuller and shinier than ever.  I'm putting together a gift for my sister's bday in March, and the Mesquite line will be in it! 

Respected Contributor

I gave my husband the Mesquite Shampoo and Conditioner to use last night...  conditioner first then shampoo out.  He absolutely noticed a difference first time and was pretty impressed .... and that was with just those two products!

Next time I'll add the Hydrating and Thickening Styling Gel to finish it off.

I switched off and used another brand last night and was truly disappointed....   back to the Mesquite for me!