Valued Contributor

Mesquite Shampoo and Conditioner vs Advanced Volumizer Shampoo and Conditioner

Decided to go back to Nick's shampoo after using others  for awhile.  I haven't watched any of his shows and wonder which shampoo would be better for me.  I use to have a lot of fine hair but after taking cancer treatment and medication for 5 years my hair has thinned a lot.  I thought after stopping the medication that my hair would grow back to what it was which it didn't.

Thinking about getting one of these shampoos but don't know which would be better.  My hair is long, halfway down my back and due to it thinner I usually wear it up since I can do more with it.  At home I wear it down most of the time.  Debating which one to buy.  I need volume but then need thickness mostly on the top.  Each one has it's benefits.  Any recommendations.   

Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Mesquite Shampoo and Conditioner vs Advanced Volumizer Shampoo and Conditioner

I haven't used his shampoo in ages, but have read good things about it.  I may have to give it a try.  You should checked the Nick forum.

Respected Contributor

Re: Mesquite Shampoo and Conditioner vs Advanced Volumizer Shampoo and Conditioner

Hello and welcome, @kismet and @GCR18. Smiley Happy

First, I'm sorry you had to go through cancer. I hope you're cancer-free now.

I think I have an idea where you can get both volume and thickness for your hair.

Nick's Advanced Volume Shampoo and Conditioner gives volume and lift at the root of the hair. Velvet Mesquite Shampoo and Conditioner gives hydration (moisture) and all-over thickness to the hair. So, here's an idea to try.

Try using Nick's Velvet Mesquite Shampoo/Conditioner for the hydration and thickness. Then after you're done washing your hair, try using one of Nick's volume type hairspray. That way, you can get both volume and thickness.

I'm going to list a few of Nick's volume type sprays. Good thing is, some of them come in spray bottles in case you don't like hairsprays in a can

Nick Chavez Volumizing Extra Hold Hair Spray Item # A150816 (comes in a can)

Nick Chavez Advanced Volume Hairspray Item # A324920 (comes in a spray bottle)

------------------------------

You can also do this the other way around as well (try Nick's Advanced Volume Shampoo/Conditioner and get a thickening type hairspray).

So I'll also list a few of Nick's hairsprays that give thickness to the hair.

Nick Chavez Plump 'N Thick Leave In Thickening Mist Duo Item # A00474 (comes in spray bottles)

Nick Chavez Pouf! Root Lift Styling Spray Duo Item # A266109 (comes in spray bottles)

Nick Chavez Plump 'N Thick Thickening Hairspray Item # A150808 (comes in a can)

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Respected Contributor

@kismet- the Advanced Volumizing shampoo & conditioner does a little more for my hair than the Mesquite did.  Just my experience with these 2 products.  I think all of Nick's products are quality and wouldn't be afraid to use any of his things on my hair.

I too had cancer, chemo, radiation - the whole works.  No medication would help for the type of cancer I had, but I am on several other meds that seem to be affecting my hair.  I do use the Mesquite serum on my hair as it is duller these days and that helps.

I wish you well and hope that whichever one you chose will work for you. Heart

Lannie

Respected Contributor

HerRoyaLioness, I hope you're all better now.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the replies and suggestions.  I haven't decided yet which to get.  I do have some from years ago that is Thick and Plump and used what I had left and like it. 

I knew I had lost some hair after cancer treatment and it wasn't until my husband make the remark that my hair insn't as nice as it was before that it bothered me..  I thought I know you didn't have to tell me. I'm fine now so I can't complain.

HerRoyaLioness,  Sorry about the cancer you had also.  I think anyone that has gone through it is a much stronger and compassionate person.  Good luck and hope you're healthy now.

Respected Contributor

@kismet -  I never realized how our hair defines us until I lost it all.  We look soooo different with no hair!  Very low maintenance though - one good thing!

I am on the Cancer thread on the Wellness board and I can't tell you how many of us have gotten those types of insensitive comments, even from our family.  They are insensitive, thoughtless and just plain uncalled for. 

Some people mean well, but don't have a clue as to what it was like to go through not only the surgeries, but the treatments.  I am cancer free right now, but do have some lasting effects from the amount of chemo and radiation I received.  But I am alive and appreciate life in a way I didn't before.  It's good to be alive!

Just wanted to let you know that a lot of Nick's products are on sale now - I've already ordered too much, lol!!!

Take care,

HRL

Respected Contributor

HerRoyaLioness and kismet, I'm sorry for the rude comments you had to go through.

Hopefully the people who made those comments said sorry. But I'm glad that you both are doing well and I hope you both continue to do well.

Respected Contributor

NC - thank you for being so caring.

I have to say, by far and away, most people are more than nice and sincerely want to help if they can and be encouraging to you. 

But there are definitely some who should think before they speak and realize what effect their words could have on someone who has went through h#ll and back many times over and has the battle "scars" of this insidious disease.  It takes courage and bravery you never knew you had and they all should be proud of their fight and survival. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I had been wanting to try Nick's shapoo for awhile. I finally bought a sample size from ebay. I tried the Plump & thick volumizer (I think that's it). I can tell a difference in my hair, it does seem fuller (I have a lot of hair anyway), but it seems drying. (Might be the hair spray on top, we are having high winds,lol). Just wondering what others think?? I have not read any reviews on his products.