Respected Contributor

Anti- frizz product? Natural curly hair product?

[ Edited ]

His products seem well loved and I would try it  but I notice he doesn’t seem to address frizz-prone, natural curly hair- All the models have blown-out and heavily styled hair, and my hair is wavy, curly, coarse, difficult.  The last thing I need is more volume, I am trying to get less volume!  Am I missing something?

Valued Contributor

Re: Anti- frizz product? Natural curly hair product?

I’m In the same boat! My hair is naturally curly with lots of volumn, I’ve not found anything to help with my frizz. I had high hopes with frizz ease but it just left my hair looking oily.  

Respected Contributor

Hi Glitter, I do use Wen during humid weather, which wont strip natural oils, and therefore blocks the cuticle from absorbing humidity and prevents some frizz (not all)... Using shampoo that strips natural oils leaves the hair open to humidity. I only wash once a week. My hair would literally never appear flat-

In any humidity over 40% my hair still curls up, loses its style and can’t be controlled.  I wonder why Nick doesn’t make anything for our hair type? Too bad.  Anyway, I hope this helps you. . 

Valued Contributor

@Skyegirl21- thanks for the information, I’ve not had any luck with WEN,unfortunately. I shampoo every other day, if I don’t, it starts looking greasy. I’ve tried so many hair products. Maybe one day I’ll run upon something to tame the frizzies that’ll work for me!

Regular Contributor

I have naturally curly hair, very prone to getting frizzy, and last year, I found a game changer product.

It is Pureology Color Stylist Cuticle Polisher. You take a good blob of it, depending on your hair length, I use about a big dime siized blob, and then you warm and rub it between your hands until the cream changes into a serum - rubbing your hands vigourously for probably 30 seconds or so, and then you work that serum into your damp, washed hair. I dd not read the instructions when I first got it and thought it was meh, but then actually read about how to emulsify it first, and then WOW....I could not believe how shiney and beautiful my hair was! In all my years of trying HUNDREDS of frizz reducing products, nothing has ever worked for me as well as this does. I buy 3-4 tubes at a time, and I don't know what I will do if they ever stop making it!

Respected Contributor

Thanks to Endoqueen for the rec!  Always willing to try something new to control this difficult hair!  

💝 Skye-

Trusted Contributor

nick use to have a curly hair line.. i was very very upset when they stopped selling it!! i loved the extra hold curls spray gel, i would buy 4 at a time... than all of a sudden it was gone!!  he needs to bring it back...

Respected Contributor

Re: NICK! Anti- frizz product? Natural curly hair product?

Every time I watch him, I get upset because he only addresses 1 type of hair, straight and low volume. Many of us have other hair types! 

Nick, please bring us something to deal with unruly hair, encourage curls and seal the cuticle against frizz in humidity!  TIA ❣️

Occasional Contributor

Well, I have eastern european dyed straight hair which frizzes from damage. Just wanted to do a shout out to AS I AM Coconut Cowash which I have seen in drugstores and you can get on Amazon.

Amazing stuff. Comes in a brown jar and a lot cheaper than Wen.

Trusted Contributor

Re: NICK! Anti- frizz product? Natural curly hair product?

@Skyegirl21wrote:

Every time I watch him, I get upset because he only addresses 1 type of hair, straight and low volume. Many of us have other hair types! 

Nick, please bring us something to deal with unruly hair, encourage curls and seal the cuticle against frizz in humidity!  TIA ❣️

ITA! If I leaned my head forward and let him spray product in it while he shook his fingers all over my scalp and through my hair, it sure wouldn't be a pretty sight after lifting my head back up.

frizz head.JPG