Honored Contributor

This is a great product that I've been using for years.  I need more, but don't see it on the QVC site or on Nick Chavez's site.

Does anyone know if it's been discontinued?  I do see there is a different mist, called Velvet Mesquite restoring mist, and there is a great deal on that today.  Has anyone tried both of these, and are they similar?

I have to run out for a while, but will check for comments when I get back.  Hope there are no sell-outs before then!

Regular Contributor

I think I know the one you're referring to.... kind of a short squatty bottle with a trigger spray nozzle and the fluid was orangy/gold???   I haven't seen it offered on "Q" in a LONG time....

Even Nick's web page only lists:

• Amazon Hair Body Building Strengthening Mist
  • Amazon Body Building Spray; and
  • Amazon Hair Body Building Strengthening Mist

None of those are what I think you're looking for.   I switched to his horsetail styling mist and I like that; he's also got a Plump-N-Thick leave in mist that might work for you.

Why not contact his salon and ask what they recommend to replace the Amazon??

Honored Contributor

Thanks, forest!  I called the salon, and it was confirmed that Amazon Infinity mist has been discontinued.  The person I spoke to suggested I try the Aloe Vera gel mousse.

I checked it out on the website, and it sounds like a good product, but I like spray-on products!

So I did order the Velvet Mesquite Spray that is a special deal for today.  Hope I like it.

Super Contributor

Hi september,

Thanks for sharing the info you got from the salon.  By any chance, do you know if it was Sydney you spoke to?  She is at the front desk of the salon most of the time, and she is a total sweetheart.  It's a very busy front desk, and she's a pro at handling it.

Thanks also for sharing the info on the Aloe Vera Gel Mousse.  I also use the Infinity Mist, although I won't need to replace mine for awhile, as I just opened a new one.  I used it for years, as it was another item that Nick recommended for my fine, thin hair.  I will try to ask Nick about what I should use in replacement next time I see him for my hair, which will be next month. 

It's funny that you mentioned that you like spray gels -- my brother has long hair, and he always wants spray gels, and uses the Plump 'N Thick Spray Gel.  He used to get Pantene, but when I bought him some of Nick's, he never went back to it.  I'm converting the family one at a time!  Smiley Happy

Have a good rest of the week and hope to talk to you again on here soon!

Janice

Respected Contributor

Hi, september. Smiley Happy

If it helps, Nick's Amazon Infinity Mist is still available at Dermstore.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

@JanCA   I spoke to a male with an accent.  I didn't get his name, but he was very nice and helpful.  I also had a big, maybe two year stash, of the Amazon Infinity Mist product...I had taken advantage of the buy one/get one free sales!  I'd like to know what they recommend you replace it with, when you have your next appointment. 

@NC Bandwagon   I also saw that I could get the product from an Amazon seller, but I'm kind of worried about getting products that aren't fresh. 

Super Contributor

@september, thanks for getting back to me -- I'm pretty sure you spoke to Uriel, then, who helps run the salon and works closely with Nick.  He's also a sweetheart -- they are all so nice to me there.  I hope you get the opportunity to visit the salon someday -- you'd love it!

I will definitely ask Nick about it -- I'm due to get my cut and color again sometime in August, probably will be mid- to late-.  We'll see how my schedule and Nick's schedule works out!  It would be a lot easier if I lived 30 miles away instead of 350 ..... oh well!

Have a wonderful rest of the week and talk to you soon.

Janice