Regular Contributor

oh my gosh, I'm kvelling all over the place!

[ Edited ]

("kvelling" = yiddish meaning something like proud and happy)

My granddaughter's preschool class had a little Christmas presentation yesterday and they were all so adorable--my granddaughter being the cutest, of course Smiley LOL

I love these presentations/plays/whatever by little children. They're so cute and so funny--my granddaughter got distracted and was staring over her shoulder and every place but at her family. We all laughed because she has an attention span of about 5 seconds and this was so charachteristic of her. She's my little baby girl and I love her to death.

Respected Contributor

Re: oh my gosh, I'm kvelling all over the place!

I used to teach preschool. The most joyous room in the school! And let me tell you the grandparents can be just as darn cute as the kids...so proud!!!

Honored Contributor

@Huge Hannah,

Your post put a smile on  my face, thanks,

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-sb4NlOjClLo/UMAegC7xN2I/AAAAAAAAGDk/u_gzlVf3vQA/s1600/beautiful--merry-christmas-animated-image.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Mazel Tov @Huge Hannah !!  Woman LOL I have such wonderful memories of  my Bubby and  Zeyde - you're creating them now too. Heart

Honored Contributor

I hope you took and are taking pictures and making a scrapbook.  Someday, it'll be, "remember that!!!?"  What fun, and what an opportunity for you.  Glad you can attend their events, I think it's important.  @Huge Hannah

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I have to say that seeing the little kids singing ...all dressed up is one of my favorite parts of Christmas....

Honored Contributor

I miss those days with my girls.  My grands are both 2 years old so in a few years, we'll get to do it all over again.  Just a few days ago I reminiscing about all those Christmas concerts and bazaars at the kids' schools.  

Honored Contributor

@Huge Hannah-

I can just picture it! It sounds like my little grandson's class-They "performed" a song in their classroom ad he looked like he had never been there before lol!

I couldn't help laughing.

There really was only about 2 of the kids actually singing-the rest were staring like little deer in the headlights! So cutE!

I'm so glad I got to goSmiley Happy Precious times with them.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@on the bay wrote:

@Huge Hannah-

I can just picture it! It sounds like my little grandson's class-They "performed" a song in their classroom ad he looked like he had never been there before lol!

I couldn't help laughing.

There really was only about 2 of the kids actually singing-the rest were staring like little deer in the headlights! So cutE!

I'm so glad I got to goSmiley Happy Precious times with them.

I feel so lucky that DH and I are able to be there while our granddaugher is so little; all too soon she won't have that "little kid" cuteness. Her parents adore her too, even though she runs them ragged at times. I'm glad there is another set of grandparents to give our son and d.i.l. from time to time.

She's my precious little astronaut-ette granddaughter and I love her more than words can say.

"picture it! It sounds like my little grandson's class-They "performed" a song in their classroom ad he looked like he had never been there before lol!"

Heart

Honored Contributor

@Huge Hannah wrote:

("kvelling" = yiddish meaning something like proud and happy)

My granddaughter's preschool class had a little Christmas presentation yesterday and they were all so adorable--my granddaughter being the cutest, of course Smiley LOL

I love these presentations/plays/whatever by little children. They're so cute and so funny--my granddaughter got distracted and was staring over her shoulder and every place but at her family. We all laughed because she has an attention span of about 5 seconds and this was so charachteristic of her. She's my little baby girl and I love her to death.

@Huge Hannah  Yes, an older post I just found, but had to comment. You kvel away...well deserved for Mom’s, but grandma’s especially. BTW, when I was in 1st grade, in my school’s Christmas play, this Jewish girl played Jesus...only kid small enough to fit into the basket. Lol